Oncology Account Manager (Phoenix, AZ Territory)
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
This field-based position reports to a Regional Business Director.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales goals through promoting Epizyme’s oncology therapeutic products within assigned territory in a compliant and appropriate manner
- Calls on Academic Medical Centers, Hospital Systems IDNs, Cancer Centers, Oncology Practices, Medical Oncologists, Hematologists, Nurses and associations
- Builds deep relationships with customer base and key opinion leaders by personally visiting them, educating them on Epizyme promoted products with a patient-focused approach
- Plans and executes effective territory management
- Complies with applicable laws in providing healthcare providers with accurate information concerning Epizyme products
- Participates in assigned training and completing outside reading. Maintains and demonstrates a high level of product and market knowledge through training and continuous learning, keeping abreast of relevant market products, indications, treatment guidelines, market conditions, competitive activities, patient access, and promotional trends
- Serves as a disease state expert and provides a high level of product expertise and customer service for all accounts
- Educates customers on patient access resources and works with market access colleagues to resolve patient access challenges in a timely manner
- Effectively implements and utilizes all approved sales/marketing programs and resources
- Utilizes customer relationship management system to provide market insights and enhance impact of sales calls and territory management
- Maintains current key customer target lists, submits regular updates to the customer database and plans calls to meet goals
- Completes administrative and training responsibilities in a timely and compliant manner
- Develops and reviews territory plans, uses market data and insights to achieve assigned goals
- Reports Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs) in accordance with company policy
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and training programs
- Maintains frequent communication with manager and other key partners within the organization
Education & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 8+ years of sales experience in the pharmaceutical or medical industry required
- 5+ years of oncology, hematology, specialty, and/or rare disease sales experience required
- Experience selling in complex and competitive environments preferred
- Previous experience with oral oncology products, patient access and distribution preferred
- Motivated by patient focus and sense of urgency
- Established customer rapport and relationships in geographic area preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% to 75%
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.