Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry
Epizyme, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. Epizyme is broadly developing its lead product candidate, tazemetostat, a first-in-class EZH2 inhibitor, with studies underway in both solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in relapsed and front-line disease. The company is also developing a novel G9a program with its next development candidate, EZM8266, which is targeting sickle cell disease. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme's science seeks to match targeted medicines with the patients who need them.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
An Associate Director who will be the chemistry project leader and manage CRO-based chemists. The successful candidate will be responsible for independently developing and implementing medicinal chemistry strategies that effectively surmount complex research problems and facilitate the achievement of key corporate goals – on time and on budget. Qualified candidates will be expected to work collaboratively and communicate well both within group and across group settings and will be proficient in data analysis and interpretation.
- Provide chemistry project leadership
- Devise and implement medicinal chemistry strategies addressing critical project issues
- Collaborate as part of an integrated, cross functional program team towards the advancement of high quality drug candidates into clinical development
- Influence strategic and tactical direction of the chemistry group
- Responsible for communicating project updates to the management team
- Support patent filings
- Manage outsourced FTE's
- Deep understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry, as evidenced by a record of achievement (publications, patents, etc.)
- PhD in Organic Chemistry
- 7+ years experience in a Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical environment
- Previous project leadership experience required.
- Proven track record for delivery of pre-clinical candidates
- An ideal candidate will also have had experience with structural based design and experience with novel technologies such as fragment based hit optimization
- Outsourcing experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential.
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.