IT Desktop Support Manager
Job Title: IT Desktop Support Manager
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
The IT Desktop Manager will join a dynamic and exciting Information Technology team. We are technical and curious in our ambitions, and we are helpful and useful to our employees. This role is a new role within Epizyme. The ideal candidate loves to problem solve, asks appropriate clarifying questions to better understand the context and needs of the business, and understands the importance of a streamlined and effective desktop support.
- Lead and develop the Desktop Support organization, including the coaching, mentoring and development of goals & performance expectations of team members
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes for both current and new procedures within the team.
- Develop & evolve appropriate policies & procedures that outline how incidents/service requests are identified, detailed, assigned and resolved.
- Analyze performance of Desktop Support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Provide guidance on prioritization of incidents, either routine or new.
- Act as a point of escalation – this role will need to understand all facets of Epizyme’s business.
- Maintain daily understanding of all open tickets and requests.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software, including ticket resolution and customer follow-up.
- Managing the software that tracks equipment and software
- Revise existing internal IT procedures and processes as needed, and ensure all documentation exists in a singular location within the network
- Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, or email
- Support both buildings within the Cambridge Campus, traveling between them most days.
- Interact with other teams to ensure the highest level of customer support and customer satisfaction.
- Create and run reports on Desktop Support activities and service ticket statistics
Education & Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience within the IT industry, preferably within a role in either a Help Desk or Desktop Support function
- Desired: B.S. in Information Technology or related science degree.
- A Demonstrated ability to achieve implementation goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Both Windows Operating Systems and Mac Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Laptop and desktop hardware troubleshooting and configuration basics
- General understanding of networking: LAN, WAN, VoIP, and the TCP/IP Stack.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with potentially varying priorities.
- Understanding of 21 CFR Part 11, including system validation requirements, system design, installation and deployment planning, and unit, system and user acceptance testing concepts - preferred.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow is preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards is also preferred, but not required.
- Consistent display of Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success (camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient) to positively impact the team and organization
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.