Manager, Forecasting & Analytics
Epizyme, Inc. is a fully integrated, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to its mission of rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. In addition to an active research and discovery pipeline, Epizyme has one U.S. FDA approved product, TAZVERIK® (tazemetostat), for the treatment of adults and pediatric patients aged 16 years and older with metastatic or locally advanced epithelioid sarcoma (ES) who are not eligible for complete resection; adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma whose tumors are positive for an EZH2 mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test and who have received at least 2 prior systemic therapies; and adult patients with relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma who have no satisfactory alternative treatment options. These indications are approved under accelerated approval based on overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for these indications may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in a confirmatory trial(s). The company is also exploring the treatment potential of tazemetostat in investigational clinical trials in other solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in both relapsed and front-line disease settings. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme seeks to match medicines with the patients who need them. For more information, visit www.epizyme.com.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
The Manager, Forecasting & Analytics will be a critical member of the BI&A team responsible for day-to-day forecasting work supporting strategic and tactical decision making. The Manager will produce short-term and long-term brand- and indication-specific forecasts and scenario analyses for inline and pipeline products that serve as inputs for Finance, Supply Chain, Business Development, Incentive Compensation models.
This role is a great fit for an individual excited about quantitative work – running and maintaining different types of forecasting tools, summarizing outputs generated across the models. The candidate will need to understand, learn to operate the existing Excel-based forecasting models ranging from relatively straightforward prevalence-based to sophisticated patient flow-driven models. The individual in this role must always be looking to improve the existing models and processes.
- Run forecasting models for marketed products/indications and new product planning
- Produce forecasts for long-range planning, operation plan, quarterly reforecast, incentive compensation, business development, valuation
- Maintain patient flow-driven and prevalence-based models
- Generate and document forecast assumptions based on secondary data sources, market research reports, competitor insights and (for in-line products) actual sales data
- Communicate forecasts and scenarios across functions – Sales Operations, Finance, Supply Chain
- Perform additional ad-hoc data analyses as needed.
Education & Requirements:
- BS required; Advanced degree in a quantitative field (business, science, engineering) preferred
- 2+ years of forecasting experience in biopharmaceutical industry or consulting, familiarity with patient flow modeling preferred
- 2-4 years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience; 2 years of experience at a commercial biotech or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Prior launch experience preferred
- Oncology experience preferred
- Ability to work constructively within a team environment; ability to work under pressure and with competing deadlines
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent quantitative and communication skills, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Exceptional attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IQVIA, Symphony, Kantar, DRG, Ipsos, IntrinsiQ)
- Unwavering ethics and personal integrity and clear commitment to complying with company, legal and government regulations
- Operate daily in a manner consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused, and resilient
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.