Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Epizyme, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to rewriting treatment for cancer and other serious diseases through novel epigenetic medicines. Epizyme is broadly developing its lead product candidate, tazemetostat, a first-in-class EZH2 inhibitor, with studies underway in both solid tumors and hematological malignancies, as a monotherapy and combination therapy in relapsed and front-line disease. The company is also developing a novel G9a program with its next development candidate, EZM8266, which is targeting sickle cell disease. By focusing on the genetic drivers of disease, Epizyme's science seeks to match targeted medicines with the patients who need them.
Epizyme has assembled a world-class team with a passion for scientific innovation and a commitment to developing novel epigenetic therapies. Join a dynamic, diverse and fun work environment consistent with Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success: camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient.
The successful candidate will be responsible for independently developing and implementing medicinal chemistry strategies that effectively surmount complex research problems and facilitate the achievement of key corporate goals – on time and on budget. Qualified candidates will be expected to work collaboratively and communicate well both within group and across group settings and will be proficient in data analysis and interpretation.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist for our Medicinal Chemistry group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for independently developing and implementing medicinal chemistry strategies that effectively surmount complex research problems and facilitate the achievement of key corporate goals – on time and on budget. We are seeking a Senior Scientist who will be the chemistry project leader for a new project and manage CRO-based chemists. Qualified candidates will be expected to work collaboratively and communicate well both within group and across group settings and will be proficient in data analysis and interpretation.
- Facilitate the design of new bioactive compounds by interacting with other chemists and biologists to optimize DMPK, in vitro, and in vivo pharmacology properties.
- Facilitate the design and implement medicinal chemistry strategies addressing critical project issues.
- Collaborate as part of an integrated, cross functional program team towards the advancement of high quality drug candidates into clinical development
- Support patent filings
- Manage outsourced FTE's in the external execution of synthesis, purification and characterization of bioactive compounds
- Responsible for communicating project updates to the project and molecular discovery teams
- PhD in Organic chemistry required.
- 2+ years of pharmaceutical experience is required. 5+ years pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of synthetic and medicinal chemistry, as evidenced by a record of achievement (publications, patents, etc.)
- Previous outsourcing experience with a CRO is a plus
- An ideal candidate will also have had experience with structural based design and experience with novel technologies such as fragment based hit optimization
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential.
Epizyme, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace.