Senior Specialty Sales Professional - New Haven, CT
Senior Specialty Sales Professional, Sales, Field – New Haven,CT
About Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., headquartered in Malvern, PA, develops and markets high-value, quality branded pharmaceutical products for patients in need. Endo Pharmaceuticals’ specialty portfolio includes products for urology, men’s health, orthopedics and endocrinology, with product development underway in medical aesthetics. Endo Pharmaceuticals is an operating company of Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP), a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Learn more at www.endo.com or www.endopharma.com.
Fully functioning Sales Professional role that plans and executes a moderately complex sales process, focusing on gaining and leveraging an understanding of the customers’ objectives across their full spectrum of needs. The Senior Specialty Sales Professional has broad knowledge of the customer and leverages business knowledge to expand relationships with customers. The Senior Specialty Sales Professional can fully and knowledgably articulate the strengths and limitations of assigned Endo products and competitor products and utilizes established relationships and ongoing interactions to sustain trust and deliver value with all relevant contacts at the customer.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain call objectives for geography with minimal consultation with Area Sales Manager (ASM) to assure proper portfolio balance and planned actions.
- Develop and complete appropriate territory business plan for optimal activity
- Create effective call plans that include who to contact, how frequently to contact them, and what products to focus on for each call.
- Develop and execute an individual prescriber plan of action for maximum selling opportunity as developed through territory business plan.
- Understand and use approved promotional materials to support marketing message.
- Employ effective selling model and techniques aligning to current strategies set forth by Endo Pharmaceuticals.
- Attain and maintain performance guidelines for the following metrics: call activity, appropriate utilization of samples, Quarterly Business Plan update.
- Incorporate and execute on all expectations regarding adherence to all FDA, PDMA, HPPA, and Endo established Policies on all interactions with Healthcare Professionals.
- Maintain up-to-date database to document sales call information, trends, future call objectives, sampling data and overall territory performance.
- Effectively manage sample accountability program.
- Execute all administrative responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Complete weekly activity reports as needed.
- Synchronize, check email, and voicemail at least once a day.
- Update ASM on territory business plan on a quarterly basis.
- Complete and track expense reports every 2 weeks at minimum or at the discretion of the ASM.
- Maintain an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of specific healthcare issues, products and diseases states that enables quality engagement in meaningful dialogue, builds credibility and add value when calling on health care professionals.
- Maintain an expert product knowledge base including patient education, consumer education, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Learn and execute core sales training curriculum.
- Learn and apply information regarding new and existing products as demonstrated by tests and Field Contact Reports.
- Gain understanding of local ‘Payer’ environment and incorporate appropriate sales strategies.
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in all required sales conferences and training classes at local and/or remote locations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ relevant experience preferred.
- Biopharmaceutical Industry experience required.
- B2B sales experience required.
- All newly-hired experiences (i.e. not entry level) Sales Professionals should enter at this level, regardless of their tenure or experience elsewhere.
- Able to understand technical issues (medical, computer, data analysis)
- Externally Focused
- Actively Listens
- Manages Emotions
- Flexes Customer Approach
- Builds Customer Trust
- Scans External Environment
- Makes No Assumptions
- Analyzes Market Trends
- Knows Endo as a Business
- Leverages Internal Network
Product & Therapeutic Expertise
- Applies Product Knowledge
- Articulates Marketing Messaging
- Tailors Marketing Messaging
- Articulates Competitive Attributes
- Reframes Conversations
Drive for Results
- Acts with Sense of Urgency
- Communicates Compellingly
- Takes Initiative
- Creates Change
- Gains Commitment
- Initiates Dialogue
- Insightful Questioning
- Manages Relationships
- Advances Adoption
- Expands Account Depth
- Upholds Endo’s Reputation
- Takes Accountability
- Adapts to Change
- Creates Openness
- Invests in Development
- Overnight travel is necessary (30% or more). Territory specific.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Endo recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled