Sales Representative - Dallas South
Sales Representative, Commercial Business, CREO – Field, Boston
About Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., headquartered in Malvern, PA, develops and markets high-value, quality branded pharmaceutical products for patients in need. Endo Pharmaceuticals’ portfolio includes products for urology, men’s health, orthopedics, endocrinology and hematology. Endo Pharmaceuticals is an operating company of Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP), a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Learn more at www.endo.com or www.endopharma.com.
Accomplishes targeted sales and increases the market share of key (bio) pharmaceutical products. Calls on a select number of high value physicians in a specified geographic area and focuses on establishing durable relationships, effectively delivering product information, and aiding in training. Helps customers develop reliable processes for reimbursement and access. Is comfortable providing information to the entire office staff and has the ability to identify new sales opportunities and leads in their territory.
- Makes daily judgments to implement his or her promotional plans and to achieve Endo’s goals; keeps within budget/spend limitations set by Endo.
- Directs efforts towards physicians, mid-level practitioners, nurses and office managers; does not supervise other employees.
- Works with other functional areas to enable patient access to and pull through of Endo products.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains objectives for geography in consultation with regional management to assure proper portfolio balance and planned actions.
- Meets/exceeds sales goal expressed as ‘National Average’ share, % growth, and/or sales target.
- Maintains an in-depth and sophisticated knowledge of specific healthcare issues, products and diseases states that enables the Representative to engage in meaningful dialogue, build credibility and add value when calling on providers.
- Maintains an expert product knowledge base including patient education, consumer education, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Understands and uses approved promotional materials to support marketing message.
- Creates effective call plans that include who to contact, how frequently to contact them, and what products to focus on for each call.
- Employs effective selling techniques including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus and productive questions, issue identification, and effective close.
- Successfully implements the call plan and resources strategies as developed with regional management to meet or exceed goals.
- Attains and maintains performance guidelines for the following metrics:
- Contract call averages, reach and frequency metrics, appropriate utilization of samples, and Quarterly Business Plan updates.
- Incorporates and executes on expectations regarding adherence to all FDA, PDMA, HPPA, and Endo established Policies on all interactions with Healthcare Professionals.
- Manages within 5% of bottom line budget.
- Responsible for the development and completion of the Territory Business Plan to District Manager (DM).
- Adopts and incorporates programs that have corporate/national requirements by submitting an implementation plan to DM, demonstrating/incorporating ownership and execution of the program.
- Maintains an up-to-date database to document sales call information, trends, future call objectives, sampling data, and overall territory performance.
- Effectively manages sample accountability programs.
- Develops and executes an individual Prescriber Plan of Action for Top 20 as reflected in the Territory Business Plan.
- Identifies key pharmacies and develops/executes a plan of action as reflected in the Territory Business Plan.
- Executes and implements learning of core sales training curriculum.
- Learns and applies new and existing products as demonstrated by tests and Field Contact Reports.
- Understands local ‘Payer’ environments and incorporates appropriate sales strategies.
- Demonstrates teamwork thru sharing best practices and working with cross functional teams.
- Adjusts/adopts/incorporates national requirements, initiatives and plans.
- Executes all administrative responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Completes and transmits CRM weekly activity reports.
- Synchronizes, checks email and voicemail at least once a day.
- Updates the Territory Business Plan to the DM on a quarterly basis.
- Completes and tracks weekly expense reports.
Prepares for, attends, and actively participates in all required sales conferences and training classes at local and/or remote locations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year (must provide documentation of proven, successful, and outstanding sales performance history) business to business, Bio-pharmaceutical, or drug device sales experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of sales operations including: data/reports, call planning, and sales tactics is preferred.
- Must be organized, persuasive, determined to drive success.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Strong customer service skills - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, and responds well to questions.
- Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively and present numerical data effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and vary writing style to meet needs.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Ability to think originally and creatively, meeting challenges with resourcefulness.
- Generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, and presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Ability to travel (30-50%)
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Must have valid driver’s license
Endo recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled