Store Guide (Specialty Retail Associate)
When you love what you do, is it still work?
At Eastern Mountain Sports, we seek individuals who live the brand lifestyle we represent. Whether you're looking for a fun part time job, or a pathway to a rewarding career, working for Eastern Mountain Sports is a great way to share your knowledge and passion with like-minded people.
As a store guide, you will strive to meet daily sales goals while creating a memorable shopping experience for our customers. Using your strong communication skills in combination with your own outdoor knowledge and experience, you'll direct our customers to the best outdoor equipment specific to their needs. In addition, store guides also assist with creating displays, seasonal floor moves and overall store presentation. Success in this role could lead into greater career advancement and development.
Skills and Qualifications:
A varied schedule will include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, preferably in retail
- Friendly and outgoing with a passion for outfitting our customers
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to be persuasive and suggestively sell
- Qualify and educate the customer, supporting the sale with the appropriate add-ons
- Manage multiple tasks with the ability to refocus when interrupted
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Passionate about your interests as they relate to the outdoors
- Active participation in the outdoor sports EMS represents, highly preferred
Eastern Mountain Sports, a member of the Vestis Retail Group family operating Bob's Stores and Sport Chalet, is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and generous discounts.