When you love what you do, is it still work?
At Eastern Mountain Sports, we seek individuals who live the brand lifestyle we represent. Whether you're looking for a fun part time job, or a pathway to a rewarding career, working for Eastern Mountain Sports is a great way to share your knowledge and passion with like-minded people.
As a Floor Supervisor, you'll act as the manager-on-duty and lead by example, enabling a knowledgeable and friendly sales staff while driving overall store performance. A floor supervisor also carries keys, is responsible for opening and closing the store, and oversees the general merchandise flow and visual presentation of the store. This is an hourly, entry-level store management position. Success in this role could lead into greater career advancement and development, such as an assistant store manager role within the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
A varied schedule will include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, preferably in retail
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience, preferably in retail
- Friendly and outgoing with a passion for outfitting our customers
- Strong verbal communication skills with demonstrated leadership ability - coach, observe and provide feedback
- Ability to be persuasive and suggestively sell as well as coach other to maximize sales
- Qualify and educate the customer, supporting the sale with the appropriate add-ons
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing retail environment
- Successfully manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Visual merchandising experience a plus
- Passionate about your interests as they relate to the outdoors
- Active participation in the outdoor sports EMS represents, highly preferred
Eastern Mountain Sports, a member of the SDI USA, LLC family also operating Bob's Stores, is an equal opportunity employer offering dynamic career opportunities and generous employee discounts.