Certified Medical Assistant Opening - Cape Carteret, NC
Sound Medical Family Practice is currently seeking a full time Certified Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA). This individual will assist the providers and clinical staff with examination and treatments of patients. Phlebotomy skills/experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a family medical practice or urgent care preferable
- Knowledge of electronic medical records (EMR) - Allscripts Pro a plus
- A strong knowledge of clinical medical assistant duties to include injections (adult and pediatric), assisting with minor procedures, blood draws, vaccines, vitals, triage
- Certification through AAMA, NHA, or comparable organization
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives
- Triage patients to determine medical emergencies, plan of care, refill meds, etc.
- Prepares patients and assists physician in assessment and examinations of patient including assessment of patient safety needs
- Assist physician in performance of diagnostic procedures, treatments, administers medications and performs related tasks as directed
- Documents entries into medical record according to established policies and procedures
- Performs disinfecting procedures
- Cleans and maintains exam rooms and other assigned areas
- Other related job duties as assigned