Seeking Medical Receptionist Opportunity in new FSED
Mercer Emergency Center is dedicated to providing a higher level of care that not only meets our patient’s needs, but exceeds their expectations. We are seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist to contribute to the long term success of our newly-constructed Emergency Center, opening Pharr, TX! If you’re passionate about providing excellent customer service and quality patient care, we want to talk to you!
Who You Are:
You provide spectacular customer service by greeting patients, preparing necessary forms, and building medical charts with those forms. Also utilizing the computer system to order patient services, verify and update patient data, and print appropriate forms. Perform various clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking and delivering messages, copying materials, filing records, and similar duties.
- Greet patients in a positive and helpful manner. Provide information and assistance as needed.
- Gather necessary demographic and insurance information from patient to build a new/ updated patient account in the computer.
- Using the computer system, generate fee slips for patients according to prescribed procedures, review fee slip information for accuracy and instructions.
- Provide necessary forms to patients for completion and signatures.
- Keep patients informed of their account information.
- Use the computer to order services needed for patients.
- Gather and create a patient chart.
- Place new patient in treatment room and notify nursing staff that patient is ready to be seen.
- Answer telephone calls, record messages for coworkers and deliver messages.
- Maintain an adequate level of office supplies and necessary forms and order office supplies as needed for smooth department operations.
- Maintain various logs of daily activities including patient count and financial transactions in order to prepare monthly tallies of operating activities.
- Perform various clerical duties such as photocopying forms, reports and patient information, faxing forms, filing forms/charts.
- Collect payments, insurance co-pays, and medicine charges.
- After the patient has left the center, distribute patient paperwork to proper departments.
- Maintain a tidy and clean lobby and work area.
- Assist in new hire training of procedures and EMR software.
What You Bring to the Team:
- High school diploma is required. Previous medical reception experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of data processing equipment, personal computer, and other standard machines common to the business office.
- Understanding of medical coding and billing.
- Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate new and current provider staff.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and written. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills with providers, staff, management, patients and companies.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively and courteously with telephone callers, patients and families; exchange patient related information with a variety of clinic personnel; interact effectively with physicians and nurses.
- Ability to read and write in order to prepare medical records, charts, generate and prepare fee slips, and to perform simple arithmetic calculation when completing fee slips and activity logs at a level normally acquired through completion of high school.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to maintain logs of department activities.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when gathering patient data, entering it into computer system, giving information, ordering services, completing log sheets of daily activities.
- Knowledge of facility and surrounding facilities to assist or direct patients to other locations accordingly.
- Participation in quality improvement plans.
- Demonstration of a willingness to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment, maintain excellent customer service, and create teamwork with coworkers.
- Willingness to take responsibility for actions; act positively upon feedback from others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Contact Us Today!
We are in the process of accepting resumes and scheduling confidential interviews.
Apply Online or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact to answer any question and get you started.