Exceptional EM RN Opportunity in new FSED
Mercer Emergency Center is dedicated to providing a higher level of care that not only meets our patient’s needs, but exceeds their expectations. We are seeking an experienced Emergency Medicine Nurse to contribute to the long term success of our newly-constructed Emergency Center, opening in 2017. Come join us and help us create a phenomenal practice in Pharr, TX! If you’re passionate about providing excellent customer service and quality patient care, we want to talk to you!
Who You Are:
You assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. You will administer nursing care to ill or injured, and advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention, and provides explanation of follow up discharge instructions.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves patient and family in the formation of the plan of care
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; includes family in teaching, as appropriate.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection prevention and control standards.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with facility standards.
- Assists in cost containment through the appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Cooperates with other staff to achieve departmental objectives; maintains good employee relations and interdepartmental objectives.
- Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Provides resource information to other staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures in the Emergency Department. Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Inform physician of patient's condition.
- Administer local, inhalation, intravenous, and other anesthetics.
- Conduct specified laboratory tests.
- Direct and coordinate infection control programs, advising and consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Consult with institutions or associations regarding issues and concerns relevant to the practice and profession of nursing.
- Work with individuals, groups, and families to plan and implement programs designed to improve the overall health of communities.
- Promote an atmosphere of complete customer satisfaction. Possess highly developed customer service skills.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with three (3) years registered nurse experience within the last 48 months, and two (2) years of critical care or emergency nursing experience.
- Current Registered Nurse license within the state of practice.
- Experience as Charge Nurse or other leadership role.
- Current BCLS Certification.
- ACLS certified within three (3) months of hire.
- PALS within six (6) months of hire.
- ENPC (Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course) within one (1) year of hire.
- TNCC within one (1) year of hire.
- MICN certification preferred, but within one (1) year of hire.
- CEN or CERN preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in interpreting EKG.
Contact Us Today!
We are in the process of accepting resumes and scheduling confidential interviews.
Apply Online or submit your resume to email@example.com. We will be in contact to answer any question and get you started.