Excellent Medical Receptionist Opportunity
Mercer Emergency Center is dedicated to providing a higher level of care that not only meets our patient’s needs, but exceeds their expectations. We are seeking an experienced Medical Receptionist to contribute to the long term success of our newly-constructed Emergency Center, opening Pharr, TX! If you’re passionate about providing excellent customer service and quality patient care, we want to talk to you!
Who You Are:
You provide spectacular customer service by greeting patients, preparing necessary forms, and building medical charts with those forms. Also utilizing the computer system to order patient services, verify and update patient data, and print appropriate forms. Perform various clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking and delivering messages, copying materials, filing records, and similar duties.
- Greet patients in a positive and helpful manner. Provide information and assistance as needed.
- Gather necessary demographic and insurance information from patient to build a new/ updated patient account in the computer.
- Using the computer system, generate fee slips for patients according to prescribed procedures, review fee slip information for accuracy and instructions.
- Provide necessary forms to patients for completion and signatures.
- Keep patients informed of their account information.
- Use the computer to order services needed for patients.
- Gather and create a patient chart.
- Place new patient in treatment room and notify nursing staff that patient is ready to be seen.
- Answer telephone calls, record messages for coworkers and deliver messages.
- Maintain various logs of daily activities including patient count and financial transactions in order to prepare monthly tallies of operating activities.
- Collect payments, insurance co-pays, and medicine charges.
- Assist in new hire training of procedures and EMR software.
Contact Us Today!
We are in the process of accepting resumes and scheduling confidential interviews.
Apply Online or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact to answer any question and get you started.