Customer Service Representative - Dermatology
Under general direction, the call center representative is responsible for scheduling office visits and responding to incoming calls from patients and outside providers.
Specific Job Description:
- Respond to inbound calls from patients for appointments with providers
- Triage inbound calls and messages from patients to appropriate locations
- Coordinates with clinical departments on schedule modifications.
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate clinical, demographic and financial information during the scheduling process.
- Creates/enters data in scheduling system or other applications.
- Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
- Escalate non-routine issues to the practice manager or supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced typing skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software/system/equipment.
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Previous medical insurance knowledge preferred
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- This position requires high-level problem solving and analytical skills, technical accuracy, excellent communication skills and the highest ethical standards.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area.
- 1+ years in Patient Access/Scheduling preferred.
- Some college coursework or course in Medical Terminology a plus!