Medical Billing Specialist - Louisville, Kentucky
Associates in Dermatology, PLLC (AID) is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed dermatologists in the Louisville area who have combined resources in order to provide the highest quality care to our patients and treat a variety of skins conditions.
We are seeking a part-time Medical Billing Specialist candidate that displays excellent teamwork, accountability and will successfully function within a high performing organization to join our team within one of several local offices.
Essential Functions Summary: This dermatology office based Billing Specialist will be tasked with consistently and accurately assigning the appropriate designated codes to each patient record by reviewing the information provided in the medical record.
- Fields billing coding questions.
- Assess accounts for bad debt.
- Reviews account history for cancellations and now show history.
- Assists patients with locked accounts
- Distributes itemized statements as requested
- Assists in distribution of mail
- Sends certified letters to patients as required.
- Processes credit card statements.
- Balances credit card machine nightly.
- Completes all other assigned tasks to ensure efficient department function and work flow.
- Escalates any billing/coding issues to Client Service Director and Coding Education Manager
- Accurate understanding and application of client manual information to daily assignments.
- Maintain acceptable levels of attendance and punctuality as specified in company and departmental policies.
- Meet routine deadlines and work schedules as well as timely and accurate completion of special projects and any other duties as assigned.
- Understand, support, enforce and comply with company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Display a positive attitude as well as professional, polite, considerate and courteous conduct and treatment of others in the course of duties.
The billing specialist will report to the CFO.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Must have worked 1 year experience (preferable in dermatology)
Must be able to work independently and to maintain mental focus for long periods of time.
Must possess strong English oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with other billing/office staff and management. Eyesight must be sufficient to be able to read medical charts and computer monitors. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to utilize reference materials and to manipulate pages in Medical Chart and to type on keyboards.
Typical conditions of office environment. During initial phases of training, stress levels may exceed normal levels as new skills are learned and new information is assimilated.
Interested? Apply online today!