RDMG-Cornerstone FT Front Office Coordinator
Cornerstone Pediatrics is a division of the Raleigh-Durham Medical Group (RDMG) which is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed practices in the Raleigh & surrounding areas & provides the highest quality care to patients of all ages.
We are seeking candidates that display excellent teamwork, accountability and will successfully function within a high performing organization for a Medical Front Office opportunity. This position works collaboratively within the administrative department and with the total practice to provide timely, proficient services for all patients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, and collecting.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
Education and/or Experience:
Applicants should have 1+ years of related experience in a healthcare facility. Family medicine experience a plus! Must have knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical charting.