Certified Medical Assistant
Horizon Family Medicine is currently seeking a full time, experienced Certified Medical Assistant (CMA). This individual will assist the physician and clinical staff with examination and treatments of patients. Phlebotomy skills/experience preferred.
- At least 1+ years of experience, preferrably in a family medical practice
- A strong knowledge of EMR
- A strong knowledge of medical assistant duties to include injections (adult and pediatric), assisting with procedures, EKG's and blood draws, vaccines
- Certification through AAMA or Registered through AMT
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives
- Triage calls from patients to determine medical emergencies, plan of care, refill meds, etc.
- Prepares patients and assists physician in assessment and examinations of patient including assessment of patient safety needs
- Assist physician in performance of diagnostic procedures, treatments, administers medications and performs related tasks as directed
- Documents entries into medical record according to established policies and procedures
- Performs disinfecting procedures
- Cleans and maintains exam rooms and other assigned areas
- Other related job duties as assigned
Interested? Apply now!