NP / PA Sleep Medicine Position - Knoxville, TN
StatCare, one of the largest privately held Hospitalist and Pulmonary Services groups in the nation is currently expanding services in Knoxville, Tennessee. We are currently seeking a well-qualified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our physician owned group at the Roane Sleep Center & Methodist Sleep Center.
Our coverage model provides for the very best in patient care. Please consider:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Clinic Hours Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm (position will start at 4 days per week and grow into 4.5-5 days per week)
- Exceptional working environment & clinical growth opportunity for an PA or NP
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance Group Plan Participation
- Paid CME, Malpractice, and Employer sponsored 401k
Sleep Medicine NP/PA Guidelines:
- Our goal is to provide our patients with excellent, evidence based sleep medicine in a timely, considerate and cost conscious manner.
- Physician/MLP collaboration is essential to achieving this goal and the sleep physicians are pleased to discuss patient care during or after an encounter.
- Unless directed differently by a physician, MLP’s will follow American Academy of Sleep Medicine practice guidelines which can be accessed at AASM.org.
- MLP’s are to join the AASM annually to review the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine as new issues are published.
- 10 hours of sleep medicine specific CME are required annually. Sources of CME are to be approved by the Statcare Sleep Medical Director prior to registering.
- MLP’s are required to complete AASM Sleep Medicine for APRN and PA’s courses (if not already completed) in first year of employment.
- MLP’ will primarily see patients in follow up to carry out the plan established by the consulting physician and to investigate new complaints as needed. MLP’s will staff new patient visits primarily when patients have previously established OSA or as volumes dictate occasionally.
- MLP’s are expected to become expert in CPAP mask fitting and mask options. As clinic time allows MLP’s are to perform mask fittings during the course of a patient visit.
- MLP’s are required to discuss/review clinic visits with the supervising physician in the following scenarios:
- Ordering a sleep study or overnight oximetry unless previously outline in the physician clinical plan
- Initiation of controlled substances or hypnotics. Patients on chronic controlled substances or hypnotics are to be seen by the consulting physicians at least annually
- Discontinuation of PAP device, referral for oral appliance or referral for surgery
- Initiation or discontinuation of supplemental nocturnal oxygen
Interested? Contact Us Today!