Senior Product Manager
As a Senior Product Manager, you will play an important role in support of the Advisory Product Manager in planning and executing the product strategy and roadmap for your product.
This is both a strategic and hands-on role focused upon optimizing the revenue stream from your product while looking for opportunities to continually improve all aspects of your product in order to meet evolving market needs.
In this role you will work with closely with an Advisory Product Manager to drive top-line revenue growth and bottom-line profitability but you will also help create the business case that drives further investment in your ideas. Once innovation or enhancement opportunities are identified, and accepted for funding by the senior leadership team, you will work closely with the Advisory level product manager to steer the product through the entire product lifecycle, including refining the product vision, articulating or adjusting the product strategy, gathering market and business requirements and actualizing the product roadmap. Your efforts must be aligned with the company’s overarching business strategy and goals.
You will actively engage with customers and prospects to gain a deep understanding of their needs in order to identify quantifiable opportunities. Targeted market research and ongoing customer contact will help you identify and develop lucrative ideas and bring them to market. Candidates for this position must possess the drive and passion to be actively engaged with all aspects of the product and translate that passion into meaningful financial results for eMoney, our client base and future prospects.
As a product manager primarily focused on existing market opportunities you will work with cross-functional teams across the organization to further enhance and optimize your product. This includes, but is not limited to, finance, engineering, design, marketing, sales and customer service. You will be instrumental in defining and fine-tuning the go-to-market strategy, helping teams to understand your product’s competitive positioning and the steps you are taking to ensure market leadership. You will serve as the internal and external advocate for your product offering ensuring that customer satisfaction and revenue goals are met.
- Contribute to targeted market research and analyze the resulting data to identify new revenue opportunities for your product
- Engage with customers to understand and validate their evolving business needs and gather the necessary inputs to enhance your product
- Actively engage with partners and eMoney’s client-facing functions
- Support the development of detailed business plans, product strategy, tactical roadmaps and high-level requirements that align with, and support the attainment of, company objectives
- Lead your product’s product development efforts derived from identified market trends, industry regulations, competitive intelligence, and customers as well as internal thought leaders, sales, marketing, and customer support
- Act as the evangelist for your product or product idea
- Work closely with marketing to help them define, develop, and disseminate product messages, value propositions, and positioning to optimize revenue and maximize market share
- Contribute to product launch plans in collaboration with product marketing
- Provide sales and marketing support, including pricing, sales demos, trainings, core positioning and messaging (as appropriate)
- Maximize the profitability and adoption of your product
- Monitor and report on the success of competitive positioning and financial results while seeking areas of improvement and differentiation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of successful product management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment and/or in the financial services/fintech industry
- Demonstrated market success and optimizing their product performance (preferably in the financial advisory space)
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and software applications
- Proven product management expertise working in a software development company
- Working knowledge of financial planning concepts
- A deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Results orientation
- Strong strategic and financial acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- The ability to make decisions quickly and efficiently, and the drive to lead teams to execute on defined vision
- Technically savvy, able to work with development and design team members
eMoney Advisor is the creator of the leading wealth-planning technology for financial professionals and firms, offering the cutting-edge solutions needed to succeed as the regulatory environment shifts, investor expectations change, and the industry landscape becomes increasingly competitive. Not only do our solutions help financial professionals streamline their workflow and add efficiency to their business, they also — more importantly – create an unmatched, interactive client experience that builds trust and strengthens the advisor-client relationship. Though we’re driven to lead through innovation, the defining principle of eMoney’s existence will always remain the same: an unwavering dedication to helping advisors and their clients succeed.