Field Communication/Automation Technician
Field Communications/Automation Technician
About eLynx Technologies:
eLynx Technologies is the leading provider of web-based monitoring and field automation services to the oil and gas industry. eLynx provides a full spectrum of web-based automation services, from a single monitored point to thousands of monitored points.
In this fast-paced work environment, candidates must be passionate about helping customers, have strong trouble-shooting skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, be organized, work well in a team, demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and be able to manage, prioritize and delegate multiple priorities.
- Represent eLynx on the field level, developing relationships with existing customers to add growth and finding new customers in their given region.
- Aid eLynx on managing these accounts.
- Build, configure, install and test communication/automation hardware;
- Service calls to troubleshoot issues on existing sites;
- Manage all paperwork for billing and data logging of work.
Requirements for the Position:
At least 3 years of oil and gas well automation and communication equipment experience including:
- Knowledge and work history with oil and gas EFM devices, communication devices, pressure transmitters, and tank level sensors.
- Experience with Oil and Gas Flow computers and RTU’s– Total Flow, Fisher, Flow Automation etc.
- Experience with the following: Radios (FreeWave, XetaWave, MDS), Cellular Modems (Sierra Wireless), Satellite communications, PLC and HMI, Pressure, Temperature and Level Transmitters, and Pressure and Level Switches.
Basic computer skills. Word and Excel knowledge. Work with different software for various devices installed.
- Good trouble-shooting skills to react accordingly to unforeseen problems/issues.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to take independent action
- Ability to prioritize and work under a tight schedule
- Other duties as assigned by management
Negotiable - depending upon experience.