Front End Software Engineer - Remote
What to expect as a Front-End Software Engineer at Elastic Path?
Elastic Path is taking e-commerce services to the next level, and it requires passionate and creative product-centric engineers to lead the charge. We’re looking for someone who can design and implement e-commerce features in the front-end applications and projects that support out newest product: Elastic Path Commerce Cloud.
You’ll work as part of an agile development squad and will own your work throughout the development lifecycle. You’ll thrive on autonomy as well as pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish. You’ll enjoy experimenting with new ways to solve complex problems.
Much of our technical stack is built around React and Typescript, but we value experience and enthusiasm for learning more than detailed knowledge of specific technologies. We will help you to fill in the gaps.
Our build, deployment and testing processes feature: Github, GitLab and Netlify. We have automated functional and performance testing, and we use continuous delivery and deployment model.
Location: This is a remote role based in the UK - candidates are required to be located within the UK to be considered. Elastic Path is a Remote First employer, and you’ll have the tools to work from wherever suits you best. For this position, ideally you will be based close to our Newcastle office, and able to attend occasional in-person meetings and events there.
- You’ll be writing and testing code for Elastic Path Commerce Cloud’s Commerce Manager application, as well as our reference applications, SDKs and more.
- You will work both independently and alongside teams across the organization
- You embrace new challenges and see them as a way to grow and learn. To you, obstacles are fun.
- You will work closely with team members and stakeholders across the company to continuously deliver on business and customer requirements.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Ideally, 2 + years experience of delivering software in a frontend role, using either React or an equivalent modern frontend framework such as Vue or Angular
- Some experience of working with Typescript
- A portfolio of projects you have previously worked on. Links to GitHub profiles are encouraged!
- Your product focussed: you know the importance of delivering great products, not just writing the code that powers them.
- Familiarity with working with RESTful APIs
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle and working in an agile fashion
Bonus Points for:
- Next.js or GraphQL experience
- E-commerce background
Who we are:
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world’s leading brands, such as Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
Our Technical Stack:
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted – however they choose to identify.