Structural Site Superintendent - Remote Locations, Ontario
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects by implementing the Company’s OH&S management system
- Responsible for the quality assurance and quality control activities on different project sites
- Assist in the pre-planning and development of the Project Work plan of all projects and ensure all other project requirements i.e. Construction execution plan, Quality plan, Environmental plan and Safety are developed.
- Assist estimating department in relation to other potential projects.
- Working with Project Managers to provide leadership, assistance and guidance to resolve site issues
- Develop and implement of Q.A. /Q.C. system/process
- Conducting field staff performance reviews with input from project managers.
- Maximizing productivity of field staff.
- Reviewing site labour allocation requirements with Labour Manager/Labour Coordinator on a continuous basis to ensure balance per project specific needs.
- Act as a team lead while positively representing the company
- Perform other duties as required
- 10+ years’ of construction experience
- Experience with bridges
- Experience supervising/managing projects of 20 million and higher.
- Experience managing own forces hourly labour.
- Proficient MS Office and Windows-based computer applications skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc.).
- Valid driver's license.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- E.I.T and working towards P.Eng. considered asset
- Physical ability to navigate obstacles on a construction site such as: climbing permanent and temporary stairs, climbing ladders and negotiating work areas under construction, particularly narrow, uneven, and irregular surfaces.
- Ability to visually identify dangers and hazardous conditions
- Ability to communicate alarms or warnings clearly, concisely, loudly and quickly, as well as clearly hear alarms or warnings and take appropriate action.
- Excellent knowledge of general construction operations, methods, means and processes.
- Strong knowledge of job costing and cost tracking systems.
- Strong scheduling and pre-planning skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to get the job done in an efficient manner through the effective use of resources (manpower, equipment and sub-trades).
- A good understanding of construction principles and what works in specific situations.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and take decisive action within the limits of authority.
- Strong leadership skills and be able to work towards a shared purpose in the best interests of delivering quality work.
- Ability to work as part of a team and promote an environment that encourages employees to work together.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the activities of multiple employees and or subcontractors at any given time.
- Ability to negotiate, exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate plans and actions to jointly arrive at decisions, conclusions, solutions or solve disputes.
- Teaching subject matter to others, of training others through explanation, demonstration and supervised practice; or making recommendations on the basis of technical disciplines.
- Dealing with individuals with a range of moods and behaviors in a tactful, congenial, personal manner so as not to alienate or antagonize them.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and interpret them within the confines of their limits of authority.
- Ability to understand, remember and execute complex instructions.
- Ability to maintain attention and concentration and maintain a high level of alertness.
- Ability to exercise flexibility in decision making and exercise good judgement in tense situations.
- Ability to set realistic goals.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information and utilize in a prompt and effective manner to direct the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage Health and Safety and maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to work in environments with moderate to very loud noise levels.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather.
- Work may be performed in confided or restricted working environments.
- Travel is required on a regular basis.
About the Company:
Eiffage Canada is a Canadian heavy civil contractor, specializing in bridge construction/rehabilitation. With offices in both Burlington, Ontario as well as Nisku, Alberta, we are able to support projects of any size across Canada. Eiffage is a strong advocate in providing supportive, safe and caring working environments to develop and grow our employees. As a fast-growing company, we are looking for employees that are as ambitious as the company’s vision for the future.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eiffage Canada is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. www.eiffage.ca www.eiffage.com