Sr. Cloud Services Engineer
Senior Cloud Services Engineer
We lead the industry in the breadth and depth of how we support our customers—by becoming an extension of their internal team. Helping our customers deliver world-class care and service is the Professional Services Team. The Professional Services team is seeking a Senior Cloud Services Engineer will support projects for AWS hosted platforms and will be responsible for provisioning and monitoring cloud infrastructure and Edifecs’ hosted applications in meeting SLA criteria/performance (Service Level Agreement) for critical systems. To succeed in this role, you will need to be experienced in building a mature provisioning and monitoring cloud hosted systems. The focus of this role is to engineer and optimize the use of Cloud-based services and network infrastructure.
- Configures, and administers Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure components and services.
- Provisions scalable solutions using cloud-based services and solutions in AWS to supplement Edifecs’ hosted solutions.
- Assists and supports the deployment, management, and operation of scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems in the cloud by working directly with the IT, Professional Services and Engineering stakeholders.
- Experience supporting applications in AWS at an enterprise level, with experience of building solutions using AWS services such as EMR, RDS, lambdas, SNS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, DynamoDB, and Redshift etc.
- Specifically working with EC2, S3, RDS, EBS Volumes, ELB and Security Groups etc.
- Meets and beats scope, schedule, and expectations for deployment and monitoring.
- Views and analyzes summary data on AWS cloud resource deployment and takes appropriate action
- Monitors requests and key metrics and costs for AWS cloud resources, as well as the performance of systems in the cloud and, performs remediation
- Identifies, manages, and resolves AWS cloud security risks and implements best practices as applied within a cloud environment
- Provides subject matter expert technical support to customers and internal support and engineering teams as needed.
- Identifies and documents product bugs and feature request and works with internal support teams, external providers, as well as customers to implement effective solutions
- Contributes and establishes disaster recovery procedures to ensure business continuity
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technology related program or equivalent experience in implementing, and operating Java stack based enterprise applications
- 3-5 years of AWS experience
- 8 plus years of experience overall
- Proficient understanding of the AWS platform
- Proficient understanding of UNIX and Windows
- Proficient understanding with scripting languages, and software and infrastructure automation skills
- Proven experience creating deployment templates, setting up resource monitoring, performance tuning
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with very little direction
- Proficient ability to handle significant responsibility and accountability while executing complex assignments
- Experience with Incident and Change Management procedures and policies
- Experience with Disaster recovery and Business Continuity operationalization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to accept integrate constructive feedback
- Required Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.