We lead the industry in the breadth and depth of how we support our customers—by becoming an extension of their internal team. Helping our customers deliver world-class care and service is the Professional Services Team. The Professional Services team is seeking an Operations Engineer, who will work primarily with enterprise customers of Edifecs Encounter Management products, proactively assisting them with post- sales installation, configuration, upgrade, troubleshooting and day to day operational management. This position will take a proactive leadership role as it works with the Engineering team and Customers to triage and resolve highly complex, technical, and application-related issues which impact product performance in customer-specific environments, or issues that directly hamper a broader customer adoption of Edifecs EM product. In addition, this position will partner with our Development, Sustaining Engineering and Sales Engineering organizations to resolve support issues, document bugs, provide UAT on product builds, and ensure that new and newly upgraded server installations are successful.
What you will do:
- Manage end to end operations for Edifecs hosted or customer hosted Encounter Management application instances including deploying upgrades, making configuration changes, managing day to day submissions operations, building custom tools and utilities, creating adhoc reports / queries
- Provide technical support to enterprise clients related to technical and operational aspects of the products
- Partner with Product Support Engineers and development teams as necessary to troubleshoot issues and implement resolutions
- Analyze application and database performance, identify bottlenecks and provide fix/ report to the development team for a fix
- Provide workarounds or temporary fixes to the client to avoid processing disruption
- Create and provide ad hoc reports based on need to support the client operations
- Proactive management of submission cycles, and reactive management of customer reported cases / issues.
- Plan and execute encounter submissions workflow including schedule management, batch management, file monitoring, and potential automation implementation
- Deliver a consistent, responsive and satisfying customer experience with each contact
- Collect all necessary problem details from customers to be able to effectively see the problem to resolution
- Successfully reproduce customer issues in a controlled test environment
- Follow standard operational procedures for case management
- Continuously improve troubleshooting skills, product expertise, and knowledge on related technical topics
- Update knowledge base / create reusable documents, originating from patterns observed during customer issue troubleshooting
- May need to work in a shift that gets scheduled between 5 AM and 6 PM local time.
- May need to provide weekend on-call support based on internal roster
What you will bring:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technology related program or equivalent experience in implementing, and operating Java stack based enterprise applications
- Up to 4 years applicable experience in supporting commercial off the shelf enterprise products
- Understanding of following underlying technologies used by Edifecs solutions: Java, JMS, SQL Server/ Oracle, , Web/Application Servers like Apache Tomcat/ IBM WAS
- Experience on at least one integration or ESB software such as Edifecs XEngine Server, TIBCO EMS, IBM Websphere suite, Webmethods, MuleSoft, Intersystems Ensemble
- Prior demonstrable experience in deploying and supporting high transaction volume applications on AWS
- Good understanding of SOAP and REST based web services
- Prior experience troubleshooting performance problems that may have many underlying causes such as Disk, Database, Network, Messaging and other platform / 3rd party solutions.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting problems in java based applications using opensource tools / JDK tools such as jstack, visualvm, jconsole, jmap and similar tools to identify memory issues, deadlocks, application performance.
- Ability to guide customers remotely through complex, multi-server deployments and upgrades for enterprise products
- Familiarity with at least one non-Windows operating system (such as Linux, HPUX, AIX)
- Familiarity with EDI Standards such as X12, EDIFACT, HL7, NCPDP and knowledge of HIPAA transactions is a plus.
- Prior Scripting and Programming Experience for solving business problems preferred.
- Knowledge of various network and internet technologies and communication protocols: TCP/IP, sFTP, HTTP, AS2, etc. highly desired.
- Very strong written and verbal skills.
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.