The Technical Writer will be a part of the product training team. The Technical Writer's primary responsibilities will be to research, develop, and write materials for a technical audience, including hands-on product training lab guides, how-to guides, troubleshooting and FAQ documents. The writer will work with the content development manager and other team members to define writing assignments.
What you will do:
- Create documentation plans
- Research, develop, and write documentation for a technical audience
- Document business scenarios with accompanying examples
- Develop troubleshooting information
- Develop FAQs
- Develop training tutorials including samples in Java, XML, DB
- Work closely with development, customer support, product management, and various other teams to develop high-quality training-related materials for a targeted audience.
- Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously, learn the products, meet documentation deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision, and work as an integral part of the product team.
- Engage in continuous process improvements in content streamlining, information architecture with other team members and SMEs.
What you will bring:
- BS/BA or Certificate in Technical Communication or BS in Computer Science
- Technical writing experience, preferably in enterprise-level software organization
- Experience in developing content in DITA and HTML in compliance with the requirements for minimalistic writing and content reuse.
- Experience in developing content in Adobe Captivate.
- Experience using Help authoring tools, version control software, screen capture, and tutorial creation software
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technically complex information and to write clearly. Must have flexibility, the ability to manage priorities, familiarity with traditional and
agile software development life cycles, and the ability to interact with all levels within the development organization.
- Ability to handle multi-tasking and workflow disruptions, working as a team member as well as independently.
- Able to work well under deadline pressure and have an aptitude for learning new tools and technologies quickly
- Able to follow instructions and to oversee or modify a schedule of tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent judgment, time management and decision-making skills
- Must be able to provide writing samples
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.