Senior Software Test Engineer
THE BEST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD.
Echodyne’s Metamaterials Electronically Scanning Array (MESA) is changing the way people think about commercial radar. Built on decades of research, Echodyne brings high-performance radar to commercial markets and applications constrained by Cost, Size, Weight or Power.
It’s not often you get the chance to change industries by bringing truly breakthrough technology to market – technology that not only disrupts existing markets, but creates vast new ones. It’s hard and challenging work, but it’s also exciting, energizing, satisfying, and rewarding!
INNOVATE. DISRUPT. ENABLE.
Drones, autonomous cars and trucks, heavy machines, even flying cars. To operate safely, these machines need sensors that work flawlessly across all environmental conditions. Echodyne has applied the physics of metamaterials to create a new category of sensor that provides the critical high-resolution, ground-truth data that autonomous machines and vehicles need to operate safely at any time and in any weather.
Software is a key part of Echodyne’s intelligent radar solutions. We create software of proven quality. Fast. We practice thoughtful and agile-oriented software development. We create advanced control and processing software, and software infrastructure for systems testing, and data analytics. We design software that does what it’s expected to do.
Echodyne is seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer to develop testing solutions and establish best-practices for Echodyne’s MESA-based products. Software quality matters to you. You’re willing and able to objectively report on assessed software quality. Your responsibilities include development and automation of testing strategies. Creation of test procedures and reports, analysis of test data, and test execution.
- Advanced knowledge of testing methods, testing levels, and testing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience testing C/C++, *NIX, and Embedded Software and Firmware.
- Ability to communicate your ideas, plans and designs to teammates.
- Ability to analyze, and solve complex-engineering problems in a fast-paced environment.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Technical leadership.
- Familiar with TDD, DevOps concepts, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
- Agile, Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jenkins.
- Experience testing RF, Radar Ultrasound, or equivalent systems.
- Familiarity with standard communication protocols (UDP/TCP, UART).
- Familiar with Matlab or equivalent.
- Experience bringing software and hardware systems to market.
- BS, MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with 8+ years’ experience.
- Eligible to handle export controlled data (ITAR, EAR).
Echodyne is an equal opportunity employer. We want to build a team with a diverse mix of people whose common denominator is talent. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status or disability.
One of the 100 Best Companies To Work For in Washington – two years in a row!
Visit www.echodyne.com for more information.