Senior Manager of Influencer Marketing and Strategic Partnerships
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Chicago, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
In addition to a talented cadre of environmental lawyers and legislative advocates, Earthjustice has an amazing communications department that works in partnership with every other department at the organization. This position will lead Earthjustice’s strategy for engaging and stewarding VIP influencers, celebrity talent as well as brand-building strategic partnerships in support of the organization’s communications, marketing, advocacy, programmatic and development objectives. The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with Communications, Development, PAL (Policy and Legislation), Program and Development leadership to identify areas where influencer talent or partnership opportunities can help Earthjustice achieve increased public awareness and engagement, advocacy and/or fundraising goals.
An important aspect of this role is the cultivation and management of these relationships, including establishing, activating and maintaining personal contact and leveraging identified relationships to help further the mission of Earthjustice. As a member of the Communications team, the Senior Manager of Influencer Marketing and Strategic Partnerships will work with colleagues to integrate organizational messaging, elevate the Earthjustice brand and maximize the impact of all opportunities.
This position can be based in Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
Strategy Development (35%)
- Lead high-level, organizational discussions about the strategy for celebrity and influencer outreach and engagement—with a goal of ensuring involvement is organized, well thought-out and aligned with programmatic needs and organizational priorities. Ensure that the process of working with celebrity/influencer partners clearly conveys how Earthjustice works with its partners, clients and impacted communities. Develop best practices for Earthjustice to harness the power of engagement as part of the organization’s integrated strategic communication efforts including vetting protocol for organizational involvement.
- Play a lead role in coordinating performance metrics in order to support executive decision-making, provide inputs for developing new partnerships/alliances and influencer engagement opportunities or modifying existing ones, and instill clarity cross the organization.
Influencers Relationship Management (35%)
- In partnership with various communications teams, develop creative influencer programs (eg speeches, quotes, marketing communications and appropriate internal use of image rights and endorsements) managing all aspects from concept to delivery and evaluation of success.
- Identify prospective influencers by leveraging contractor and entertainment industry contacts. Direct key communications and marketing collateral development used to present opportunities for engagement: educational backgrounders and resources, messaging and framing materials (i.e. introductory tool kit, fact sheets, social media language, sign-on letters) and presentations in pitching new partnerships.
- Manage contractor and industry relationships, providing timely follow-through on partnership inquiries, messaging guidance, marketing materials and other requests. Establish criteria to assist in identification and vetting of potential celebrities and opportunities to ensure alignment with the Earthjustice mission. Identify appropriate opportunities to keep influencers engaged and committed to Earthjustice, while delivering on our fundraising and awareness goals.
- Develop and maintain up to date expertise on the ever-changing influencer industry. Utilize this expertise to attract a new diversified supporter audience to Earthjustice, ensuring the sustainability of our donor support for the future.
Strategic Partnerships (30%)
- Lead the identification and evaluation of relevant, aspirational opportunities to raise the Earthjustice profile, enhance visibility of our brand and expand our supporter base through the association with new alliances and partnerships across a variety of industries including media and entertainment groups.
- Drive collaboration across program, PAL, communications and development to ensure these relationships appropriately engage prospective donors, influencers, and community partners that drive support for Earthjustice engagement strategies
- Work closely with the communications team, ensuring consistent messaging and unified branding. Guide development of partnership storytelling assets for use in various communications channels internally and externally. Ensure participants in these external partnerships understand the full Earthjustice story and can maximize our storytelling potential within the scope of our relationship. Manage planning and execution of all marketing partnership elements including and events from top to bottom
- Evaluate the ROI for partnership/sponsorship initiatives, large and small, and present relevant opportunities to senior staff and leadership for organizational buy-in
- When appropriate, provide strategic counsel on when these opportunities merit the use of Earthjustice expert participation through public platforms and speaking engagements to raise visibility of Earthjustice. Identify key opportunities for organizational leadership to represent Earthjustice and its work in a variety of forums and to a range of audiences (i.e. attendance at local/regional/national conferences, panels) with a goal of increasing the organization’s reach and visibility, and educating the public about Earthjustice’s model of working with our partners, clients and in coalitions.
- Be a crucial partner in the development of the Organizational Thought Leadership strategy in partnership with the Marketing, Program Communications and Executive leadership.
- 7-8 years demonstrated successful experience working with influencers, preferably for a nonprofit
- Deep knowledge of best practices for engaging celebrities, influencers and other external 3rd parties who can extend our reach and influence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with influential representatives of the media and entertainment industries, and other external partners, as well as staff across Earthjustice.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and plan strategically, but also act with flexibility and speed to take advantage of shorter term opportunities
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with many changeable demands and priorities, requiring scheduling flexibility and an even temperament.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Ability to act discreetly and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to coordinate department efforts, provide oversight to communications and marketing staff, and work in a high pressure environment marked by short deadlines
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit an application via the Jobvite system:
- Cover letter, highlighting specific projects you’ve worked on relevant to this posting.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.