Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, Chicago, and Washington, DC.
The Executive Assistant provides seamless executive support to the VP of Information Technology, the Project & Portfolio Management Office, and the Information Technology team. The Executive Assistant organizes and coordinates meetings, oversees schedules and travel arrangements, manages the Information Technology department budget and vendor invoicing and payments. In addition to the administrative tasks, this position will also manage information flow between the department at headquarters and with regional offices, prepare a variety of complex documents and reports, track purchasing and invoicing of hardware, software and other IT purchased services, manage the new application request process between IT and the General Counsel, and other duties as assigned. Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences. The ideal individual will have the ability to be creative, exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This job is located in San Francisco, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Executive Administration (60%):
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the VP of Information Technology, Project & Portfolio Management Office, and Information Technology Team
- General scheduling
- Travel arrangements
- Expense reimbursements
- Time entry
- Meeting preparation and scheduling
- Agenda creation, meeting minutes, distributing background materials, and tracking follow-up tasks
- Supports the hiring process for job candidates including screening resumes and scheduling interviews.
- Manage vendor relationships including meeting scheduling, reviewing and processing invoices, and working with vendors to ensure accurate billing.
- Manage vendor contract review process in partnership with General Counsel.
- Create and submit monthly expense reports for the VP of Information Technology.
- Set up and prepare presentations or spreadsheets, and copyedit documents, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Project Management (30%):
- Manage and complete special projects as assigned, including research and planning.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required, and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
- Partner with stakeholders for the deployment of a new video conference system.
- Participate in the IT Partnership meetings with key stakeholders in all departments and locations by creating agendas, taking minutes, and following up on key tasks.
- Support the Project and Portfolio Management Office on large, multi-faceted projects by creating timelines, managing deliverables, and communicating organizational wide changes.
- Create and distribute organizational wide communications on behalf of the Information Technology Department and Project and Portfolio Management Office.
- Exemplary organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Superior communication skills, including demonstrated experience writing effective correspondence, reports, proposal and other print collateral.
- Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills, as well as the management of complex information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (10%):
- Contributingto building diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude. Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people, including Board members, donors, the public and staff.
- Ability to use discretion and diplomacy in dealing with colleagues.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, sometimes under time pressure and facing unexpected challenges, with excellent results.
- Ability to take change in stride, overcome obstacles and adapt to unforeseen conditions; successful at on-the-fly adaptation when needed.
- Ability to work independently without significant oversight.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree with equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years work experience necessary in an administrative capacity.
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative support for senior staff and maintaining confidentiality is a must.
- Experience collaborating in a team or group culture that produces collective rather than individual products is highly preferred.
Salary is based on experience.
Salary range for San Francisco, CA: $82,300 - $91,400
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the Jobvite system.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.