Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Chicago, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The campaign assistant will support the campaign manager in managing the volunteer and senior development leadership team in carrying out an estimated $750 million comprehensive campaign over 5 years for Earthjustice. The campaign assistant reports to the campaign manager with a dotted line to the VP of Development and works closely with them to facilitate communication and efforts with professional campaign counsel in liaising with volunteer leaders and VIP donors, setting up systems, implementing strategies, rolling out campaign plans and messages within the organization, and effectively coordinate campaign responsibilities. The campaign assistant may also provide support on an as needed basis to the executive team of the Development Department.
This position can be located in New York City, San Francisco, or Los Angeles.
Campaign Meeting Coordination
- Provide administrative support for all campaign meetings, including but not limited to coordinating logistics, developing agendas, taking minutes, and organizing meeting and follow-up materials.
- Track campaign meeting schedules and distribute appropriate notifications and reminders.
- Assist with tracking and reporting the work of the Steering Committee and campaign volunteers.
- Assist with the creation of campaign timelines and plans, and tracking campaign progress in relation to those established objectives and target dates.
- Ensure campaign information and materials are up-to-date and readily available when needed, including the suite of campaign reports.
- Own the process of coordinating meetings for the President and VPs with campaign prospects, effectively communicating prospect strategies, tracking actions and providing reminders and updates to staff and volunteers to ensure progress, and providing follow-up support as needed.
- Assist with the planning and execution of campaign events, including event strategies and logistics.
- Assist with processing campaign related invoices in collaboration with accounting to ensure timely payment, and track campaign budget encumbrances in conjunction with campaign budget reports and provide financial updates as needed.
- Verify the proper allocation of expense payments and assist with the resolution of discrepancies when necessary.
- Act as backup for the Campaign Manager when vacation or work-travel occurs.
- Actively participate in the greater organization’s effort pertaining to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Other duties and projects as discussed and designed in collaboration with the Campaign Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of relevant experience, or Associate’s degree plus a minimum of five years of relevant experience required.
- At least one year fundraising or development experience.
- Experience coordinating and working with volunteers.
- Excellent communication and budget development skills.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Excel and experience with online CRMs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Flexibility and sense of humor a must!
Salary is based on location and experience.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA and New York,NY : $61,400 - $68,200
Salary range in Los Angeles, CA: $58,300 - $64,800
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having technical difficulties submitting your application, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.