Executive Assistant to the VP of Finance and VP of Real Estate & Workplace Strategy
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Executive Assistant provides seamless executive support to the VP of Finance and the VP of Real Estate and Workplace Strategy. The Executive Assistant organizes and coordinates meetings; facilitates workflow; manages schedules; plans events; and supports team projects. The ideal individual will have the ability to be creative, exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Executive Administration (70%):
- Provide administrative support to the VP of Finance and VP of Real Estate and Workplace Strategy
- Serve as the primary scheduler for the VPs and coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure their time is allocated in accordance with strategic priorities.
- Manage the daily schedule of the VPs, proactively ensuring they know their schedule in advance and keep key staff informed when appropriate.
- Assist with the management of tasks, workflows and deadline management for VPs of Finance and Real Estate
- Monitor and oversee confidential management and other files, as needed.
- Set up and revise presentations or spreadsheets, and copyedit documents, as needed.
Meeting & Logistical Planning and Coordination (20%):
- Plan and execute logistics and coordinate follow up action items for Finance and Real Estate department management and team meetings, retreats, board committees, and other gatherings, as necessary.
- Support VP and team meetings by building, maintaining and disseminating agendas, ensuring good meeting hygiene, taking notes and tracking action items and deliverables
- Coordinate the travel arrangements and expense protocols for participating staff.
- Design, prepare and execute meeting support functions on and off site.
- Coordinate compilation and distribution of written and other materials and other supplies for meetings.
- Determine technical and logistical needs for on and off-site events and ensure they are met.
- Maintain a calendar of departmental events (i.e. end of fiscal year closes) and support team in ensuring they are executed effectively.
- Interface with vendors and job candidates to schedule interviews and meetings.
Project Management (10%):
- Produce, edit and distribute communications, emails and blog postings for the Finance and Real Estate & Workplace Strategy departments.
- Maintain Finance and Real Estate sections of internal website, including annual process for review and updating.
- Assist departments with project planning, coordination in partnership with Project Management team.
- Manage and complete special projects as assigned, including research and planning.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required, and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience and qualifications, such as Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®), Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence® (PACE®), Certified Executive Administrative Professional® (CEAP®).
- 5 years or more related work experience.
- Strong calendar management experience managing multiple schedules and calendars.
- Strong knowledge of Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional ethical standards, humility, empathy, sense of humor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Direct experience supporting more than one executive staff person strongly preferred.
- Project Management skills/ability to prioritize work and balance several work streams at a time, a plus.
- Demonstrated experience providing executive support for senior staff and maintaining confidentiality is a must.
- Able to self-motivate and self-direct in the completion of complex tasks.
- Successful track record organizing, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks from multiple stakeholders, sometimes under time pressure, with excellent results.
- Able to handle confidential and/or sensitive business and people issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Understands and is adaptable to a dynamic environment with constant change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to flex style and work with a wide range of individuals and personalities.
- Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude.
- Experience proactively managing complex schedules and planning on and off-site meetings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to be effective independently.
- Embraces relevant technology and actively improves his/her skills through informal and formal training.
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Windows; Office365 including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with non-profit, public interest or legal organizations preferred.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits that are comprehensive and competitive.
Salary is dependent on experience and location.
Salary for San Francisco, CA: $84,800 - $94,200
Interested candidates should submit the following via Jobvite:
- One or two page cover letter.
Please reach out to [email protected] if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles:We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.