Senior Technical Project Manager
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Senior Technical Project Manager works under the supervision of the Vice President of Technology. This position requires the Project Manager to work collaboratively across multiple departments and regional office locations. The PM must possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to diplomatically resolve conflicts. The position requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to lead meetings and gain agreement within the project team, assign tasks to team members, and make recommendations to move projects forward. Effective stakeholder management is required. The Project Manager must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be highly detail‐oriented. The Senior Technical Project Manager’s work is vital to the overall success of the IT Department and its ability to complete projects and support the organization.
Strong leadership skills a must and the ability to run large meetings efficiently and keep members on task. This includes effectively managing stakeholders and ensuring all voices and needs are heard, capturing and following up on action items, managing risks, and driving meetings to a clear outcome.This individual must have a strong interest and affinity for technology and a willingness to learn new technology as needed.
This position is based in San Francisco,CA.
Project Management - 75%
- Develop the IT Project Roadmap for each fiscal year in coordination with Leadership team and stakeholders.
- Develop project plans for IT projects including Scope, Stakeholder and communication plans, risk management plans, and timelines.
- Work with managers to assign resources based on project priority and team member bandwidth. This requires looking across the portfolio of IT projects and identifying overlap of required resources.
- Work with technical leads to gather and prioritize project requirements and features.
- Coordinate project planning across various teams and workgroups.
- Schedule and facilitate project meetings, provide status updates, minutes, and debriefings as needed.
- Track project deliverables and work with project team members to prioritize and schedule tasks and assist in removing roadblocks to completion of deliverables.
- Escalate project issues and risks as needed to ensure the project remains on track and the highest priority items are being worked on.
- Lead quarterly process of assessing the progress of the project plans and any necessary adjustments to project plans and IT roadmap.
- Advocate the use of monday.com and be responsible for getting projects into monday.com and assisting others in using it.
Operational Objectives - 15%
- Operationalize select technology objectives across Earthjustice.
- Engage in projects outside of IT when requested and time permitting.
- Be responsive to requests from people within IT and from other areas of Earthjustice.
- Improve IT’s communication within IT and throughout Earthjustice.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- College degree required.
- 7+ plus years’ experience in a related position.
- Certification or training in project management. Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus on attention to detail, including the management of complex information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be an active listener.
- Ability to maintain confidences and confidential information.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office and standard business technology a must.
- Flexibility to work on a team and also independently with little supervision.
- Ability to handle a diverse workload and multi-task as needed.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Supervisory responsibilities: None.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.