Office Assistant, Northwest
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals, and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Chicago, Bozeman, and Washington, D.C.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle near the federal and state courthouses and the water front. Our goal is to produce the highest quality legal work in a diverse, inclusive, supportive, and collegial environment.
- Process incoming calls
- Monitoring front entry
- Greet guests and provide hospitality
- Conference room setup for meetings
- Schedule conference rooms, management and follow-up
- Plan and organize team building events
- Travel arrangements
- Prepare expense reports for processing
- Facilities maintenance, including tracking, ordering and occasional local pickup of supplies
- Videoconference and routine IT assistance
- Assist/troubleshoot office equipment and general maintenance
- Stock supplies in copy areas and order office supplies as needed
- Assistance with preparation of onboarding materials
- Processing mail and trips to post office and Federal Express office
Backup to Legal Assistants
- Maintenance of electronic files
- Copy and scanning projects
- Open, close, and update files as requested by Litigation Assistants
- Supporting Litigation Assistants with legal filings
- Other tasks, as assigned. Needs may vary, and duties cannot be listed exhaustively in advance
- Previous experience providing administrative support
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office’s suite of programs, including Outlook, Mail Merges, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Salary depends on experience and location.
Salary range in Seattle, WA: $50,300 - $55,900
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should the following via Jobvite:
- Cover Letter
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.