Help Desk Coordinator
Dynacare is looking to hire a Help Desk Coordinator to work in our Laboratory and Health Services Centers Team in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This is a full-time 18-month contract Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. The Help Coordinator will provide critical administrative support to all staff at the LHSCs enabling the manager to conduct stratum-appropriate work and to focus on building a quality focused service with the ability to respond quickly to growth opportunities.
The Help Desk Coordinator will provide critical administrative support to all staff at the Laboratory and Health Services Centres enabling the manager to conduct stratum-appropriate work and to focus on building a quality focused service with the ability to respond quickly to growth opportunities. This position will report directly to the Manager, LHSC, Winnipeg.
- Accountable to the Manager, Laboratory and Health Services Centres, Winnipeg, the Help Desk will contribute to the efficient operation and functionality of the LHSC & Mobile Services by assisting with work-flow, filing, scheduling, and training logistics.
- Gather necessary information and create staff schedules including short notice replacement (ie. sick time), training, vacation and leaves as approved by Manager, Patient Services
- Organize Mobile phlebotomy services including scheduling of clients.
- Organize data collection of Quality Indicators as determined by Manager. Compiles and prepares statistical data for reports and filings.
- Enter payroll time cards and update payroll templates in computer system for submission to the Manager for approval.
- Answer all incoming calls from staff in regards to testing procedures, requisitions, etc.
- Provide support for required training
- Update and maintain quality manuals
- Provide send-out manual communications to all staff
- Coordinate memos and mail correspondence
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of appropriate documentation.
- Ensure proactive customer service is provided, including professional and personal assistance to all internal and external clients regarding LHSC and Mobile inquiries. Escalate unresolved issues to the Manager, LHSC.
- Liaise with and work cross functionally with the various departments to assist in the effective resolution of internal and external inquiries (e.g., patients, doctors, specimen processing, technical laboratory staff, data entry, human resources, and warehouse staff.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of the administrative support role gained from 1 to 3 years working experience
- Knowledge of scheduling protocols, standards and practices. Capability of developing and/or applying protocols and standards
- Knowledge of health care industry, preferably specimen collection and/or diagnostic laboratory work
- Knowledge of full MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum secondary school graduation (Post-secondary diploma or degree preferred)
- Demonstrated capability to use MS Office applications- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Capability to apply the relevant customer service knowledge to deliver superior service to employees and customers
- Capability to apply great attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage time and competing priorities (ability to multi-task)
- Strong problem solving and issues resolution abilities
- Capability to calmly and professionally respond to employee / client needs, often in stressful situations
- Ability to perform under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Capability to apply interpersonal skills and techniques to interact effectively with others at all levels within Gamma-Dynacare Medical Laboratories
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people's lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a Top Employer for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we're proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada's health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that Our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.