Data Entry Clerk
Dynacare is currently searching for a Data Entry Clerk for our Winnipeg team. This role is a 1- year (0.4 eft) contract position that will be scheduled for 16 total hours a week. The hours will be scheduled Monday-Friday with the bulk of the work occurring sometime between 8:00am to 6:00pm based on operational demands. Candidate needs to be flexible.
- The accurate entry and verification of information from the requisition in a timely manner.
- Transfer information including billing information to the AS400.
- Leas with Pathologist and Clinicians as necessary to facility the transfer of information.
- Answer phones in a respectful and professional manner.
- Liaise with IT and other departments within the company, as necessary.
- Transcribe dictations and prepare correspondence as necessary
- Prepare & keep track of cases being sent out/sent back for/from referrals/consults as per Pathologist’s request
- Maintain confidential records & tracking cases assigned to Pathologist’s to ensure cases are completed within allotted timeframes as per SOP’s. This also includes sending weekly reminder emails about “pending” cases they haven’t reported on within the approved timeframe.
- Assist the data entry clerks in cytology with their tasks
- Performing duties in accordance with company policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Preparing Standard Operating Procedure when appropriate.
- Work with minimum supervision using initiative and sound judgment
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of transcription programs and/or equipment
- Medical terminology required
- Understanding of Standard Operating Procedures
- Laboratory Assistant Program or laboratory previous experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Excellent typing/data entry skills (tested results)
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment