Manager, Forensic Toxicology
Dynacare is currently looking for a Full-Time Manager, Forensic Toxicology (Pre-Analytical) to join our team in London, Ontario. Working Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm and occasional weekends and evenings.
The Manager, Toxicology is accountable for the operation of the Toxicology Department in accordance with Dynacare’s Strategic and Operating Plans. This includes operational management at the employee, administrative and technical levels. Primary functions include ensuring strong, positive employee relations, excellence and quality, efficient utilization of resources and budget implementation. This role is crucial in fostering a culture of quality and internal and external customer service by developing and initiating programs and policies that consistently promote service, quality and customer satisfaction. This role works very closely with employees and colleagues and is an important member of the Dynacare management team.
- Develop, maintain and foster an environment of positive employee relations, trust, open communication and strong teamwork providing managerial leadership to direct reports through effective staffing, training, performance evaluation, coaching and recognition.
- Recommend, implement and monitor departmental procedures, policies and standards with a focus on continuous improvement that aligns with function and company objectives.
- Manage the departmental business planning and goal development process, including developing and executing a one-year business plan and overseeing the department budget process
- Knowledge of Clinical Laboratory Operations (preferred)
- 5+ years Leadership experience
- Sound knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Ability to create, read and understand various management reports to effectively analyze and improve quality, cost and delivery metrics in their department(s)
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively utilizing time management principles and tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications at an intermediate level
- Previous experience of working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop a team of skilled professionals in a high change environment
- Be able to communicate in a concise, easily understood manner, both written and orally.
- Developed and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers in order to support Dynacare’s brand and presence in the scientific community.
- Be a proactive leader with strong capability of providing solutions based on customers’ needs