This is a permanent position, working 25 hours/week.
Handyman experience required.
- Perform routine maintenance and handyman duties in main laboratory and stations including minor plumbing and electrical if required
- Receives and respond to maintenance request from departments and stations in a timely manner
- Arranges external vendors e.g. HVAC, electrical, security, plumbing etc., checks work to ensure proper completion and signs off work orders
- Ensure that the main laboratory premises are kept clean and safe by supervising and monitoring the activities of the contract day time cleaner to ensure that the schedule is followed
- Responsible for contacting the Cleaning service Vendor when there are issues
- Weekly inspection sheet completion
- Monthly check of freezers and refrigerators if required, cleaning of walk in fridges and incubators
- Daily inspection of the laboratory premises
- Maintain equipment and furniture
- Setting up chairs, tables, overhead projector, video screens and white boards
- Set up centrifuges, racks , furniture in new locations
- Daily, weekly and monthly checks of fire prevention and protection equipment as per code
- Monthly generator checks and coordinate maintenance
- Quarterly replacement of water filters as required
- Maintain log of maintenance and repair programs as required
- Snow and ice removal from drive and walkways as required
- Routine disinfecting of work area and equipment is to be completed on a scheduled basis
- Responsible to protect their Health and Safety by reporting hazards and working in compliance with established safe working practices.
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Secondary school
- 2 years of previous related experience
- Basic computer skills
Social Process Skills
- Excellent communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and apply sound decision making principles
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to succeed in a collaborative working environment
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and prioritize in a results driven environment
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.