Ask any of the 20,000 employees at Dr. Reddy’s why they come to work every day, and you are bound to hear, because ‘Good Health Can’t Wait.’ These simple words describe the deep-rooted belief that drives us. Sometimes, the simplest words describe the most profound truths.
'Good Health’ is always our goal. We see medicines not just as molecules, but as means to help patients regain their health. As a leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we realize our unique role; we have the ethical and moral imperative to ensure good health can be delivered to those who need it, and to promote wellness among them.
'Can't Wait’ reflects our commitment to act with speed to find innovative solutions that address the unmet needs of patients, and to accelerate access to much-needed medicines for people around the world.
Our belief is guided by our principles - Empathy and Dynamism - which provide both guidance for our current behavior and inspiration for our future actions.
We are looking for a Formulation Scientist for our Shreveport location.
Relocation assistance provided to out-of-area candidates.
This critical position will be responsible for the successful development of robust formulae and processing of selected products from laboratory batches through scale up and commercialization.
- Identify the Quality Target Product Profile, Critical Quality Attributes, Critical Material Attributes and Critical Process Parameters to arrive at robust formulation strategy.
- Develop stable product formulations that meet or exceed requirements within specified timelines.
- Conduct process optimization studies and arrive at control strategy.
- Work with Biopharmaceutics and analytical teams to design predictive in vitro methods. Ensure bio-batch samples are successfully delivered to CRO and coordinate activities with the clinical team for timely start of bio-study
- Travel to CMO (internal DRL sites or external) for the execution of pilot bio-batches, scale up batches and exhibit batches (registration batches).
- Collate data generated from previous stages and prepare the Pharmaceutical Development Reports for submittal to Regulatory Affairs for filing. Respond to deficiencies/queries from the regulatory agencies with further data or clarifications to obtain approvals in shortest possible time.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmaceutical sciences / technology. 0-2 years of Analytical formulation experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience in developing extended release products and handling controlled substances is a plus.
- Knowledge of pre-formulation, manufacturing technology and scale-up as well as FDA & DEA regulations.
- Good communication (written & verbal), interpersonal, and organization skills
- Good computer skills including experience with MS Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.