User Acquisition Manager
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are looking for an experienced Media Buyer to acquire and retain profitable players through various mobile ad platforms (including Facebook, Adwords, Ad Networks). Reporting to the Head of User Acquisition, you will be an individual contributor in a a 6-member team that is made up of savvy online marketers with knowledge of the mobile gaming space. The team is data driven and leverages marketing analytics to increase ROI by collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop highly effective campaigns. In this role you will manage, grow, and optimize global user acquisition and retention campaigns for DoubleDown’s portfolio of apps.
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 130 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike!
What you should bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or the equivalent in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical degree
- 2 - 4 years of experience in digital media buying and/or planning, including:
- Major mobile ad platforms (Facebook, Adwords etc)
- Experience or knowledge of CPI, CPA buying
- 1+ years in mobile user acquisition and retention analysis experience at scale, preferably with free to-play games
- 1+ years’ experience conducting analysis on acquisition and retention to deliver against KPI’s
- Knowledge of 3rd party mobile attribution
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to learn and understand creative development
- Strong ability to move quickly and adapt within a direct response business model
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and comfort with marketing analytics
- Solid presentation and communication skills
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Effectively and efficiently lead performance-based paid acquisition and retention marketing efforts to reach goals across various ad networks
- Conduct thorough and deep analysis to drive new findings to greatly optimize mobile marketing campaigns to acquire and engage users at large scale
- Leverage 3rd party mobile attribution and analytics to measure, evaluate, optimize and develop media strategies
- Educate and share digital ad buying intel with team members to determine value of acquisition efforts and optimizations
- Develop A/B testing programs to maximize acquisition efforts and ROI
- Actively contribute to the evolution of team processes and workflow
Hitting the jackpot
In this role, you will be the expert in User Acquisition and Retention within the digital media space! Throughout your first year, you will be determining optimum use of budget to achieve acquisition objectives by consistently measuring and evaluating media campaigns. In doing so, you will effectively grow budgets & facilitate IO management and reconciliation. Not to mention empowering you to take initiatives to evaluate and develop POV on new media opportunities to share with the team.
Cashing in on the comps
Due to our entire studio working remote, the cool things we do for employees have slightly changed. Here is a quick glance of fun things we have done as a studio during this time!
- Take a break and participate in our bi-weekly (sometimes themed) trivia session!
- Stay zen throughout the week by taking advantage of one or more of our virtual yoga classes.
- Hungry? Anticipate monthly snack boxes courtesy of Garten!
- Need some caffeine? We’ve got you covered too! Fun themed coffee boxes get sent straight to your door, enough to last a couple months.
- Does your home “office” need some comfort? Take advantage of our office chair lending program!
- Still not comfortable? Schedule a virtual visit from our team of ergonomics assessment professionals.
- Miss seeing your coworkers faces? We also do virtual company events! Here is a snapshot of things we have done and are looking forward to doing:
- Pride Bingo
- Wine Tasting & Trivia
- Escape Room Extravaganza
- Painting Class
- Still hungry? Depending on the month, you’ll get carefully curated goodie boxes, to feed you and your family! What do you mean? I’m glad you asked. Here is a short list of goodies boxes that have already gone out to employees:
- Summer Picnic in a Box (Hawaiian Themed)
- DDI Farmers Market Box (Filled with local goodies to support the community!)
- Oktoberfest Box
- Dia De Los Muertos & Halloween Treats Box (eagerly awaiting this one 😊)
- Giving back to the community is just as important as giving to our employees. This year we sponsored a company match for Juneteenth and hosted a virtual bike challenge benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of King County. Later this year we will partner once again with NBCF, and other local organizations.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, disability protection (short- and long-term) and a 401(k) employer match and both traditional and Roth plans.
- Not sure where to start with benefits? Health Advocate is here to help navigate benefits with you, like finding a doctor or help answer any medical related questions 24/7!
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 40 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 11 paid calendar holidays per year.
- With everything that’s going on in the world right now, we’ve got your back!
- Between our Employee Assistance Program and our medical provider, you have up to 8 free counseling visits annually.
- Our Simply Engaged and Rally Wellness Programs provide at home workouts, wellness resources and healthy recipes. Need more motivation? They also reward your healthy habits with gift cards!
- And finally, to give you peace of mind, InfoArmor provides around the clock identity theft protection.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship as DoubleDown does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.