Senior SDET - Full Stack QA
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test for our Full Stack QA team! As an SDET on the Full Stack QA team at DoubleDown you'll work closely with our development team to ensure the functional integrity and efficient design of our next generation of features and products. You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of our tech stack and work closely with other QA teams to develop manual and automated validation strategies for upcoming features. If you're an 'A Player' with a strong customer focus, open source technology experience, and a passion for test development, we want to talk to you!
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- 5+ years programming in Java or similar OOP language
- 2+ years writing SQL queries of moderate complexity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with mobile app testing strategies and automation frameworks
- Experience in setting up device farms like Sauce Labs (or similar)
- Understanding of RESTful best practices
- Task driven with a great attitude and ability to communicate with many cross functional teams
Other cards you might be holding
- Experience working with AWS cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins/GoCD
- Experience developing in code repository systems (GIT preferred)
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Identify best-of-breed mobile test automation tooling and help build out a reliable regression suite to increase the speed and quality of our app releases
- Perform white/gray box testing to validate functional behavior of features and help scope testing for the black box testing team
- Participate in design reviews to help increase the testability and maintainability of our systems
- Drive quality process improvements within the QA organization and beyond
Hitting the jackpot
On our Full Stack QA team, you’ll have a chance to work with a broad set of technologies to help define and implement our mobile test automation strategy for emerging new applications that will help the team deliver on exciting new feature for our players. You’ll work with cross functional agile teams to help develop appropriate test strategies for upcoming projects and be an influential voice in the technical design of our applications!
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 12 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.