HR Generalist (Temporary - 4 months)
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
Do you like a good mystery, puzzle or do you juggle; and at the same time work with people with a smile and caring attitude that makes the person walk away HAPPY they came to see you? Do you want to grow your experience in HR working in a place and with a team you truly collaborate and receive training with patience and yet are able to operate with your own sense of ownership? As a member of the DoubleDown HR team, this is exactly what you would expect!
As the HR Generalist, you will be an important contributor to an HR team of 3 and will be responsible for tactical support for the team. In this role, your time will be spent supporting HR and program administration. You will play an important part in maintaining our strong employer brand for our company to ensure we attract, hire and retain top talent at DoubleDown!
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike!
What you should bring to the table
- BA, Human Resources, Business, or other related field.
- 2 years of HR experience (in an internship, coordinator, administrative, generalist type of role).
- Experience working with an HRIS; it’s a bonus if you have experience with ADP Work Force Now.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Product Suite.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be proactive with strong initiative; comfortable working independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service with internal and external contacts.
- Competent in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle periods of increased workload and deadlines and be flexible as business needs change.
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Supports the new employee onboarding process:
- Generates offer letters and new hire paperwork
- Coordinates with IT, Accounting, and hiring manager for new hire set-up
- Oversees system set up – ADP, DocuSign, background checks
- Assists with New Hire Programs – orientation, etc.
- Assists with internal HR communications
- Supports the engagement and award programs
- Maintains electronic files, I-9s, compliance posters, internal HR & Recruiting webpages on Confluence and Google Drives
- Oversees employee surveys and HR reporting
- Distributes employee requests to the correct individual
- Supports HR projects and initiatives
- Works on other duties as required
Hitting the jackpot
When fully trained, you will have increased your knowledge of HR Systems as well as a host of other HR competencies. In this role, you will be of service to employees and HR team members, often being the first and last stop they make for help and directions. You’ll see that DoubleDown is different than any workplace you have probably experienced!
Cashing in on the comps
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.