Senior SDET - Platform Services
We’re all in at DoubleDown. Are you?
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test for our Platforms QA team! As a Senior SDET on the Platforms QA team at DoubleDown you’ll work closely with the developers and test teams to ensure the functional integrity and high performance of our next generation of features and products. You’ll help to troubleshoot issues in the platform and contribute to the development of solutions. If you're an 'A Player' with a strong customer focus, open source technology experience, and a passion for test development, we want to talk to you!
Be a high roller at DoubleDown
We're DoubleDown Interactive, a talented team of approximately 150 Software Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Marketers, Analytical Experts, and more. Located in Seattle’s International District, we create fun, authentic casino-style entertainment via free-to-play social and mobile games, enjoyed by millions of players worldwide. As a leader in the social casino space, we continue to revolutionize through constant innovation. Known for our fun and collaborative culture, we move quickly to deliver exciting online game experiences to casino enthusiasts and social gamers alike.
What you should bring to the table
- 8+ years programming in Java or similar OOP language
- 5+ years writing SQL queries of moderate to high complexity
- 2+ years testing in a Unix/Linux environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrable command of the Unix shell
- Experience with testing scalable, high performance web services
- Understanding of networking architecture and best practices
- Familiar with performance and load testing experience
- Task driven with a great attitude and ability to communicate with many cross functional teams
Other cards you might be holding
- Experience working with AWS cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or GoCD
- Experience developing in code repository systems (GIT preferred)
Placing your best bet - the responsibilities
- Identify and implement automation opportunities to ensure quality releases of our backend business logic
- Review and validate sophisticated SQL queries that help our business teams analyze our app performance
- Monitor web service performance and work with our Dev teams to ensure a highly performant and scalable architecture
- Drive quality process improvements within the QA organization and beyond
- Participate in design reviews to help increase the testability and maintainability of our systems
Hitting the jackpot
On our Platform Services QA team, you’ll have a chance to work with a broad set of technologies to help build out the web service and analytics platforms for our emerging new mobile casino games! You’ll have the opportunity to add to our service automation framework, configure and maintain our ci/cd pipeline, and work closely with engineering and business owners to deliver application performance data that helps drive crucial decisions for future feature development and marketing strategy!
Cashing in on the comps
- Getting to the office is a breeze with one of our two company-sponsored transportation options:
- ORCA pass, renewed annually
- $100 monthly transportation credit
- Stow your ride safely in the secured parking garage or bike locker available onsite.
- It’s a gaming company, so take a gaming break and get to know your coworkers with a little competitive fun! Square off over ping pong, foosball, or pinball in our arcade. You’ll find plenty of takers for a tabletop gaming session, too!
- Stay in tip-top shape by taking advantage of our onsite fitness center. Just head down to the first floor of our building, and you’ll have access to state of the art equipment, lockers, and showers.
- Need to relax? Get a massage or enjoy a yoga session right here in the studio! After all, who wants to work without a massage?
- Enjoy occasional afternoons off for private viewings of first-run movies and team outings to see the Mariners play.
- Hungry? Head to one of our two kitchens fully stocked with snacks and beverages.
- You’ll never want to take the day off on Wednesdays, when we even provide a gourmet breakfast.
- Want to go out to lunch sometimes, too? Our International District location is perfectly situated near a variety of excellent restaurants.
- As if all of this isn't cool enough, you'll love our benefit package.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, maternity/paternity leave, and disability protection (short- and long-term).
- Every team member receives 15 days of vacation, 56 hours of sick time, 2 personal floating holidays, and 12 paid calendar holidays per year.
- Combine all of this with our amazing work/life balance and company-matched retirement options, and you have the dream job!
Looking for another reason we're the best place in Seattle to work? We're committed to our role as an Equal Opportunity Employer – we embrace a diverse mix of voices and create a positive environment where everyone belongs. We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. DoubleDown is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need help completing your application, let us know! Email us at Careers@DoubleDown.com and one of our awesome HR team members will get you everything you need. We look forward to meeting you soon!
To be considered, you must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to successfully pass a security criminal background investigation.
DoubleDown partners with E-Verify, an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.