Job Title: VFX Trainer
Reports to: Global Head of Training
Opening date: 30/08/19
Closing date: 27/09/19
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 DOE
Be part of the future of storytelling with DNEG an industry leader in postproduction Visual Effects as a VFX Trainer within our London Studio.
Training is vital for the continuous success of DNEG as a leader in the VFX industry and we truly understand the importance of developing our artists so they are able to reach their full potential and quickly adapt to new and changing VFX software and methodologies.
Reporting to our Global Head of Training, this VFX Trainer role will support crew departments that align with your skill set and background.
This role would be well suited to either a 3D generalist with expertise in shot finishing or an experienced VFX compositor with a robust knowledge of the upstream pipeline. A passion for both teaching and learning is essential.
- Delivery of inductions, covering the Dneg pipeline, tools & technical environment
- Working with experts in each discipline to deliver core training programmes
- Support experts to deliver specialist training when required
- Supporting crew with internal ‘user-group’ type presentations
- Delivery of DNEG’s entry-level ‘Greenlight’ training programmes
- Contributing to maintenance and development of training materials & documentation
- Supporting each department in identifying and evaluating training needs
- Working globally with the training team to address training needs
- Degree or diploma 3D Animation, Multimedia or an equivalent subject
- At least 3 years experience educating in the VFX industry
- Extensive experience working with software such as Maya, Nuke & renderers
- Background as a VFX artist with proven experience in training and mentoring
- Ability to pick up new software quickly
- Exceptional communicator, facilitator and trainer
- Team player but able to motivate self and work independently on own initiative
- Ability to liaise confidently and credibly with people at all levels
- Proven ability to influence and build strong working relations within an organisation
- Flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation
Nice to Have
- Previous experience working with Clarisse
- Experience developing VFX training curriculums
- Experience in supporting global training over multiple sites
- Commercially focused with strong internal stakeholder relationships
- Advanced facilitator with impeccable relationship management skills
- An effective people coach and strong leadership qualities
- Collaborative, creative and technical with strong organisational skills
- Composed and adaptable to change, with the ability to deal with ambiguity
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.