A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the busy HR Team at DNEG’s head office. Our London Studio is made up of a VFX Film & TV Division, a new and developing Feature Animation division, a large technology division plus our core support functions. We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join our team to provide generalist operational HR support and be the core HR contact for assigned departments within the Company, for both management and employees.
In the role of HR Advisor at DNEG you will partner closely with your client group, providing a comprehensive HR support, coaching managers through a range of ER issues, advising on best practice whilst at the same time ensuring a pragmatic and business focus, appropriate to DNEG. You will work collaboratively with Managers/HoDs, ensuring the best solutions are provided and effective communication at all times.
In supporting the Heads of Departments for your client group, you will take the lead on a variety of HR activities including ER issues, performance management (formal & informal), talent management, annual performance & salary review process, absence management, redundancies and managing ad-hoc people issues.
Working as part of the wider HR team you will support less experienced members of the team, overseeing the administrative function and supporting the HR Assistants in continuous improvements. You will support their development by exposing them to ER issues as they arise but seeing them through to completion. You will work alongside the other HR Advisors & HRBP on HR projects assigned as part of the overall HR Strategy. You will take ownership for providing legal updates to the HR team, keeping abreast of legal changes and producing presentations, hand-outs and manager’s guides where appropriate. Updating existing documentation and drafting policy changes where applicable.
This role would suit someone who already has experience as a HR Advisor and has independently managed advisory responsibilities. You will be highly motivated and self-starting, someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a keen eye for detail.
- Proven experience in a generalist HR role
- Experience operating at a HR Advisory level or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate a practical understanding and interpretation of UK employment law
- Excellent general IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other packages as appropriate
Nice to Have
- CIPD Qualified
- Experience of working within a creative industry
- Experience within a large Company structure
- Experience of Workday
- Educated to degree level
- Team player but able to self motivate and work independently on own initiative
- Discrete, approachable and reliable
- Flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation
- Ability to liaise confidently and credibly with people at all levels
- Proven ability to influence and build strong business partnerships within a business
- Ability to own and follow-through on projects required and issues raised
- Ability to see the bigger picture and operate accordingly
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.