Lead Technology Project Manager
As the Lead Technology Project Manager within our Production Technology department, you will take ownership of the PMO and have overall responsibility in ensuring that your global team of Project Managers deliver multiple software projects on time and to specification.
You will thrive in this position if you are process-driven and logical in your approach to solving complex problems and you are an enthusiastic, collaborative leader. You will regularly be required to:
- Allocate developers and Project Managers onto projects, balancing resourcing issues where necessary
- Evaluate the progress of development projects and offer practical solutions to keep projects on track
- Chair and regularly contribute in meetings with senior management teams throughout the company
- Encourage the consistent adoption of project management, road-mapping and support processes across the department
As a key member of the management team, you will be the supervising presence for our team of Technology Project Managers who will look to you to provide coaching, guidance and mentoring to allow them to learn and grow as Project Managers. You will work with the Department Manager to help develop their careers and address their learning and development needs. Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills will inspire confidence and enthusiasm in your team.
In collaboration with the Heads of Production Technology, you will be involved in balancing longer-term strategy with the immediate operational needs of the facility. This involves making sure that the right people are working on the projects that will get the most from them, so your ability to recognise talent and understand the needs of production will allow you to excel in this role.
Above all, you will be at the centre of a Production Technology department of 140 people which facilitates exceptional VFX and animation work on projects ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas. You will be in a position to have a lasting, positive impact on the department and will have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented individuals in the industry.
- 3+ years experience as a Lead Project Manager or equivalent in a related industry
- 5+ years as a technology project manager or equivalent in a related industry
- Experience with Visual Effects workflows & technology, although exceptional candidates may be considered.
- In-depth understanding of project management methodologies and tools
- Proven experience leading a team of Project Managers
- Experience in risk, change, and stakeholder management
Nice to Have
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban), PMP or PRINCE2 certification
- Experience in a PMO including process development and training provision
- Knowledge of program and/or portfolio management methodologies
- Proficiency with administering JIRA and Confluence or similar packages
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.