Your VFX Career Starts Here!
Be part of the next generation of VFX artists by joining DNEG’s Greenlight Training Program.
This industry-leading program supports high caliber graduates, and junior professionals looking for their first step into the VFX industry, as they immerse themselves into our academy award winning studio. Through intensive dedicated training, trainees will gain exposure to a live production environment and facilitated classroom training, project work and mentorship from our department leads/supervisors and internal trainers.
You will also join our community of Greenlighters and have the opportunity to make new friends, meet and network with our talented crew.
About the Program
- The program is divided into two parts: Part 1 - Classroom Training, will run for 6 weeks from Monday, November 4, 2019. Part 2 - On Production Training, will run for 12 weeks commencing in January 2020.
- Throughout the initial 6 week classroom training, trainees will be assessed on their suitability to progress to production work. The most successful trainees will be invited back to complete part 2 of the program: 12 weeks on production training. Trainees will gain experience on current feature film and TV projects where they will receive on the job training from our experienced VFX artists in a live production environment.
- Greenlight offers an accelerated pathway into high-end VFX work and, as a result, trainees who successfully complete the full training program are regularly offered junior artist roles.
- Trainees will be paid for the duration of the placement. DNEG does not currently provide housing or transportation assistance for this program.
The Build Greenlight program will fully embed you in a professional, top tier studio environment where you'll create assets from model through texturing and final lookdev alongside our talented industry veterans.
The Build Greenlight program will offer mentorship, tutorials and lessons given by the training team, Build Supervisors and lead artists.
You will have the opportunity to work on a project in Build at DNEG and will present this back to Supervisors and lead artists for feedback!
The 6-week classroom-training period will cover the following areas:
Week 1: Intro to DNEG, intro to Build at DNEG
Week 2: Modelling
Week 3: Texturing
Week 4: Look Development
Week 5 and 6: DNEG Build Project
Applicants can be:
- A recent graduate of a VFX, Animation or Games program
- A junior professional with less than 12 months work experience in VFX
- A professional looking to transition into the VFX industry (for example, feature animation or games artists)
*All applicants must have the right to work in Canada.
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter, able to self-manage
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Approachable and personable, with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques - including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Submit your application online, via our careers page, by October 24th.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an assessment day held at our Vancouver Studio on October 29th.
- Following the assessment day, we will announce the successful trainees accepted on to the program.
Submitting an Application
To apply for DNEG Greenlight you will be required to submit a full and complete application.
This will include the following:
- Resume - please ensure this is up to date
- Cover Letter - please ensure your cover letter is specific to the department/discipline that you are interested in.
- Showreel - please ensure you submit a link to your most up to date showreel and include the password, if required.
DNEG hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, however, in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.