Lead Real-Time Artist
PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.
We do not currently have openings available for the position of Lead Real-Time Artist, however, we are accepting speculative applications.
If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Our Virtual Production department is harnessing the power of real-time technology to empower filmmakers, by bringing visual effects closer to the filmmaking process. We are leveraging game engine technology, virtual reality and mixed reality to give directors, DOPs, and visual effects supervisors more creative control over their visual effects whilst filming.
The Lead Real-time Artist collaborates closely with both artists and developers in the Virtual Production department to stablish a pipeline for real-time asset creation, working along with the Head of Virtual Production on the development and growth of artists in the virtual production department and ensuring the department can deliver high-quality real-time assets.
This role also involves a close and regular communication with the Production Technology and Pipeline departments to ensure real-time workflows are integrated in a sustainable way and any other departments across multiple disciplines to ensure workflows for virtual production are compatible with their respective disciplines
This position will require a thorough understanding of DNEG’s existing pipeline for feature films, and establishing workflows and best practises for authoring real-time content
You will be accountable for
- Tool, technology, and workflow development enabling efficient delivery of high-quality work
- Guidelines and specifications for the delivery of real-time assets to the virtual production department
- Quality benchmarks and QC processes for real-time assets
- Being proactive in ensuring artists in virtual production can deliver to their full potential
- Experience as a Lead Artist on at least one games or real-time project
- Experience in establishing pipeline and workflows for real-time content creation
- Strong knowledge of asset optimisation techniques for real-time engines
- Experience with multiple DCCs (Maya, Houdini, and Substance preferred)
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Experience in using source control to collaborate with other artists on the same project (Perforce, or similar)
Nice to Have
- Shipped at least one games project on current-gen consoles and/or PC
- Film / TV visual effects experience
- Knowledge of scene description / interchange formats for film pipelines (Pixar USD, FBX, MaterialX, etc…)
- Practical experience with AR and VR technology
- Scripting languages / frameworks (Python, Unreal Blueprints, etc...)
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.