Lead Lighting Artist (Feature Animation)
Double Negative’s Feature Animation department has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are delighted to officially launch the new facility. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our experienced Lead Lighters to bring the look of animated sequences from concept to reality and set our team of lighters up for success! You will have the ability to take creative direction to set the mood and look for animated sequences while also creating stable and efficient lighting rigs and compositing templates that can handle fast iterations.
Collaboration and mentoring are considered core values at Dneg so it’s imperative you are passionate about guiding and developing artists less experienced. Tasked with bringing shots from lighting production through to finalising on schedule, you will troubleshoot noises, render times and memory usage in a modern path-tracing rendered.
Working as a team, you’ll use modern lighting and compositing tools to create beautiful work, maintaining consistency across all shots.
- Good working knowledge of sequence-based lighting
- Strong knowledge of node-based lighting and compositing tools and path-trace rendering
- Strong knowledge of lighting and compositing techniques.
- Familiarity with feature animation pipelines and pipeline issues.
- Demonstrable experience in sequence lighting, compositing and rendering with modern renderers.
- Strong grasp of artistic principles, and cg techniques
- Previous high end experience in a lead role
Nice to Have
- A showreel featuring feature animation work
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Team oriented.
- Courteous and helpful.
- Able to take direction.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.