DNEG Los Angeles is looking for an Asset Artist to assist with upcoming Previs and Postvis work. The Asset Artist position is crucial for the Previs team to reach its highest creative potential. This artist will collaborate with the supervisor, client, and shot makers to ensure that the models in a sequence are the highest quality and clearly tell the story.
In this position, you will be responsible for modeling, texturing, and rigging models that are light enough to manipulate quickly, while still maintaining a high level of artistic appeal. You will be the primary resource for all models within a sequence.
While this position is based out of our LA studio, there will be travel involved.
- At least 3 years experience in feature films
- Ability to produce excellent low-res models from storyboards, concept art, and/or director notes and scripts.
- Skilled in modeling environments, props, and characters.
- Extensive experience in character rigging.
- Background in general 3D. Texturing skills will be required.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to start models from scratch, but also experienced at prepping models from Art
- Department or other sources.
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of pre/postvis pipelines.
- Shot-making knowledge, with a good sense of cinematography.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Adaptable with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software.
- Creative problem solver and good attention to detail.
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.