Senior HR Business Partner
Under the direct supervision of the Head of HR, Vancouver and LA, the Sr. HR Business Partner is responsible for building a trusting and collaborative relationship with an assigned client group and providing general strategic support to the HR team. The Sr. HRBP gains deep insight into the operation and business of their client group, including strategy, talent levels, opportunities and challenges. They also use this knowledge to recommend program, policy and process changes for the broader organization; often taking ownership/leadership over the implementation of said changes. As a senior member of the team, the incumbent provides coaching and guidance to more junior HR team members and works closely with the Head of HR in leadership and roll-out of HR programs and projects.
50% HR Consulting/Client Support
20% HR Program Delivery
20% HR Projects
10% HR Administration
Essential Job Functions:
• Assess emerging business, organization, or people trends and identify appropriate HR solutions.
• Conduct effective workplace investigations to ensure equity in all matters pertaining to a respectful workplace.
• Develop and implement HR initiatives, programs, and policies that support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees.
• Coach leaders to effectively hold career development conversations, provide positive and constructive feedback and to recognize and engage teams.
• Leaves and accommodations management.
• Lead the performance and compensation review process for your client group.
• Complete independent projects within the scope of the role to design and implement enhanced HR programs and services, or components of more complex projects on behalf of HR leadership.
• Ownership over certain HR programs and building subject matter expertise, as department needs determine.
• 7 years of progressive HR experience, including demonstrated ability to manage HR programs and support senior client groups
• Strong understanding of Canadian (in particular BC) Employment and HR Legislation
• Project management experience
• Proficiency working with an HRIS (preferably Workday)
Nice to Have:
• University degree in business or related field
• Specialized HR training or certifications (CPHR is preferred)
• Immigration and/or global mobility experience
• Experience with HR management for State of California (this will be a strong asset)
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong coaching and consulting skills
• Ability to work independently successfully
• Critical, creative and strategic thinker
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
• Strong multi-tasking and importance-management skills
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.