Environment Generalist TD
Environment Generalist TDs at DNEG are passionate about problem solving and collaboration. In joining our dynamic team of multi-talented artists, you will be able to utilize and develop your diverse skillset. Our artists develop efficient methodologies and workflows for producing cutting edge environments on the highest caliber feature film projects.
Environment Generalist TDs should have a range of skills in 3D and 2.5D. Your work may include modeling, texturing, look development, lighting, and re-projection, and requires you to make smart creative and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience modeling, texturing, layout, lighting and digital matte painting for high-end broadcast or feature film projects
- Thorough understanding of 3D and 2.5D VFX processes and production pipelines
- Strong working knowledge of a range of VFX industry software
- Good understanding of compositing
- Experience working with shoot data including photographic and reference data, HDRIs, photogrammetry, and Lidar
- Proven experience developing photo-real environments
- Experience with procedural city generation and scattering tools an advantage
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural world (geology, geography, and meteorology) and architecture (design and engineering)
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Maya, Mari, Nuke
- Knowledge of Clarisse
- Passionate about film
- Creative problem solver with keen attention to detail
- Good collaborator and communicator
- Pro-active and self-directed, organized
- Able to take direction
- Able to deliver under pressure
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.